Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

Newbies Ride Starting next Sunday 10/25/09
CREATED: 10/18/09 by velvetcaad9 REPLIES: 42
velvetcaad9    JOINED: 10/18/09    POSTS: 6
Newbies Ride Starting next Sunday 10/25/09
POSTED: 10/18/09 12:13 PM

Hey, so I am new to all of this and I want to start training soon for next year. I have been biking, running and swimming for years, but never really got into all that much, just more for exercise...so I want to start a newbie group for anyone in the same boat as me, we can start out biking next sunday morning and then we can run and swim if can all find a good day to train together....but mainly biking...so let me know..I am always looking for people just to ride casually with and if you know of any cool spots to ride in MD or DC let's go... call me or reply here and let's get this started..(202) 596-0963... I want to get a group of men/women who want to train with no pressure, let's just have fun...everyone who has one a Tri was a newbie at some point!

mkerr1500's ravatar mkerr1500    JOINED: 8/5/09    POSTS: 2
RE: Newbies Ride Starting next Sunday 10/25/09
POSTED: 10/18/09 10:35 PM

Like this idea. In addition to the Saturday ride option, always looking for folks to ride with on Sundays. Am training for my first tri as well. Getting together with other "newbies" throughout the standard D.C. winter and into next season sounds like a good way to maintain motivation/progress.

POSTED: 10/18/09 10:50 PM

Cool man, yeah hopefully others are interested too and we can get a nice group for regular sunday rides. I wish i could ride during the week or saturdays, but I work, so sundays are ideal. Lets see how many people we can get and then we can try and figure out atime and place and speed etc...I am cool with any time, any place, and anyone who wants in so lets keep in touch and see who else wants to ride and hopefully we can make this a regular sunday thing....thanks....also lets say a little about ourselves when we post here....i am 26 live in bethesda, work in dc, I love riding, swiming and climbing and running, but i need to work on distance running...I have a cannondale caad9 r5 road bike and I really want to do a tri next summer and fall and cant wait to start training......email me at gonzalezaccounts@gmail.com to coordinate for next sunday thanks

kimberrankin    JOINED: 8/30/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 10/19/09 1:26 PM

Hi, I can't make it this weekend but would be interested in a Newbies riding group on Saturday or Sunday. Thanks! Kimberly

svbrescia's ravatar svbrescia    JOINED: 10/14/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 10/19/09 10:52 PM

I'm interested as well. Very green though. Best, Steve

gdalferro    JOINED: 10/19/09    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 10/19/09 11:32 PM

Please let me know if you plan any upcoming rides, runs or swims. I am swamped and will not be available until the 2nd weekend in Nov. but would love to begin training with other newbies. GREAT idea velvetcaad9!!

You can also reach me at gdalferro@yahoo.com - THANKS!

Gina

Coxie19's ravatar Coxie19    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 32
POSTED: 10/20/09 8:57 AM

I'm also interested. Currently living in Bethesda. Did my first tri (Oly) in July with the NTP group from DC TRI and I'm always looking for workout groups.

Thanks
Kevin
coxie19@yahoo.com

Mickey    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 10/20/09 1:17 PM

I'm interested. I was with NTP this past year but got injured and got a job which conflicted with the race. SO...trying to get back on it.
Mickey
mickeydaniel@gmail.com

POSTED: 10/20/09 6:12 PM

Great, I wasnt expecting so many responses so soon, so I think this sunday and the sunday after halloween might be no good due to schedules, but lets all keep in touch and maybe get the first group together a sunday in november...i am excited to start...any suggestions on what times and places are good....If anyone knows any cool scenic routes to train ...the only thing I have done recently is the crescent trail from bethesda to national airport but its all flat and almost down hill....Im sure we can figure something out and hopefully we can get a steady group meeting sundays....also I swim at the new wilson pool when I have free time...its so nice and new now....maybe I will see some of you there....k lets see how many people want to start on a sunday in november and then we can all figure out a time and place to meet and ride...cant wait and keep in touch thanks Carlos

antmansub4's ravatar antmansub4    JOINED: 7/31/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 10/22/09 10:25 PM

I'm in. Can't this weekend (Marine Core Marathon) or next weekend (cycling holiday) but up for starting in November. Good anywhere from 40-80 miles and don't worry, I can go fast but don't mind going slow either.

cubuff's ravatar cubuff    JOINED: 7/29/09    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 10/23/09 12:38 PM

I too have the Marine Corps run this weekend, but am definitely interested in future rides.

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 248
POSTED: 10/23/09 4:13 PM

hey, I'm game if it works out with my off season plan...

I'm not a newbie but I'm out of condition after suffering a bad crash in late August - 8 weeks later and I'm still recovering (just beginning to run and still can't swim) and the trainer is getting old fast... will definitely want and need to get out to gear up for Columbia in May.

I'd suggest putting together an email routing list together so stuff doesn't get lost on the forum (similar to Tuan's bike ride Sunday's for his IM training).

Lots of great places to ride: Haines for flat and fast with wind; River Road/Poolesville for rolling hills; Prince William Forest Park out near Quantico... map my ride works well to figure stuff out/calculate mileage.

The next few weekends are bad for me (MCM - cheering; wedding; volunteer at IMFL to register for next year).

If you're new to the area, there are lots of great running groups. Potomac Runners meet year round (and is my personal favorite). They meet Ts/Th on the mall and Saturdays at Belle Haven Marine (Mt. Vernon Trail). The Pacers shops also do Ts/Th runs out of their shops and Sat morning runs at various spots.

Anyway, if you get an email going, here's my info: rah2774@hotmail.com
-Becky

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1770
POSTED: 10/24/09 5:42 PM

Veteran. Coming off injury. Will tri any ride. Thanks. savvyveteran@gmail.com

crobles's ravatar crobles    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 10/26/09 1:06 PM

Definitely interested in this list...not *technically* a newbie, but I need to start putting more effort into my bike...

swaziland.heels@gmail.com

~Cristina

starcaro's ravatar starcaro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 60
POSTED: 10/26/09 3:31 PM

I'm in the same boat as those above - not a newbie but not in shape either, so I'd like to be included in the email list if one gets going. cmejiag (at) gmail

Lunchbox's ravatar Lunchbox    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 31
POSTED: 10/26/09 5:15 PM

Finally! A motion for a Sunday ride.

Did the ride happen yesterday 10/25?

Put me on any list that develops.
I'll keep an eye on the forum too.

Not a newbie but not 100% physically either.

Sunday afternoon rides this time of year are oh so nice.
Do the worship thing if so inclined (swim lane, church pew, pillow, whatev) in the a.m. when it's chilly and the roads are damp/wet/leafy, then roll out when temps are at the day's peak and the NFL geeks are off the roads in front of the TV.

Cullen
(kensington/strathmore)
enduranceman -at- gmail

amaceto    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 41
POSTED: 10/26/09 6:05 PM

Interested. If an email list starts: Aimee [[dot]] Aceto at gmail

POSTED: 11/01/09 9:18 PM

Hey sorry, I have been out for a while...so yeah an email list is a great idea...lets all post our emails, I will collect them and send out mass email messages to when we are going to ride...so I think the first group ride should start sunday morning November 15th, I like early rides, and I am still not sure of where we will start and end, but let's end somewhere where we can all enjoy some food together after....so yeah, send your emails me to me or post them here .....my email is gonzalezaccounts@gmail.com and hopefully we can get a good newbie group for regular sunday rides....I would say the only rules are be very chill and laid back, be prepared, clothes wise for the cold weather and rain and I always wear a helmet, cause I know the effects of crashing without one and it sucks....but it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time and hope to start riding soon...I also started a facebook club, so you can join that too... look for it it's called dc tri newbies weekly sunday ride group....search carlos gonzalez on facbook and join and friend me too......ttyl

KingsPoint2001's ravatar KingsPoint2001    JOINED: 11/2/09    POSTS: 99
POSTED: 11/02/09 10:50 AM

I'm new to DC Tri and Tri's in general. I'm interesting in joining the Sunday ride group as well. I'll be out the next couple weekends for a 10k and the Philli Half Marathon but plan to hit these up as soon as I can.

Pete
connorph01@yahoo.com

kmniland    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 11/02/09 3:49 PM

Sounds like a great idea! Please include me on the emails

Kelly dot Niland at gmail dot com

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria