Howdy, triathletes. After much discussion, and reviewing the few responses to our informal poll, the board has decided that there is not enough interest in chartering a bus to Myrtle Beach. We would like to facilitate carpooling, however.
Please post if you are looking for a ride or have space to offer.
1) Looking or offering?
2) How many spaces needed or available
3) Your location
4) When you would prefer to travel
5) Your name and how you want to be contacted
For example (and this is real!):
2) 1 space available
3) Live in NoVa, but already planning one pickup in Columbia Heights
4) Leaving DC at crack-thirty on Friday morning; leaving Myrtle Beach around noon on Sunday
5) Abby Sanford, abby.sanford19 at yahoo.com
2. 1-2 spaces available (2 would be tight but possible)
3. Upper NW
4. Plan to depart early Friday morning, leave Myrtle Beach mid-afternoon Saturday or very early Sunday
5. Victoria Anderson, vkanders at gmail.com
Spot taken in my car. Thanks!
3) Rosslyn, VA
4) Doesn't matter. I'm flexible
5) Piyush Aggarwala. 5853091661.
3. Alexandria, off 495.
4. Prefer leave Friday, return Monday, Columbus Day.
5. savvyveteran at gmail dot com
ALL SET NOW.
3. Columbia Heights
4. Friday, Sunday
5. julia.hoppock at gmail.com
An alternative is to rent a SUV with a group and drive down.
If you rent from Alamo out of DCA, code J3 might be some kind of super secret govt discount. But I can't say for certain.
1. Offering: 1 space available (may need help driving a bit).
2. I can pick up from Md or DC
3. Plan to depart early Friday morning around 8ish, leave Myrtle Beach mid-afternoon Sunday
5. tony_i at verizon.net
I am planning to drive down and wanted to offer up a seat or two. My small SUV and can take 1 or two 2 people.
We should also fo a caravan for others that are driving. It would help with coordination of bikes/equipment/etc..
So... who all is going and how you getting there?
I'm headed down wicked early on Friday AM, with a pickup in Columbia Heights. If folks want to congregate to caravan, I would suggest that we meet somewhere near the Springfield Mall, since that's probably "downstream" no matter where you start. But I'm talking like 7 AM at the latest... ;)
And BTW: RSVP for the Post-Race PArty!!!
3) Southwest DC
4) Leaving Thursday PM (6pm-ish?)
5) Andy - ablatecky at gmail dot com
ok let me try this again, using Abby's format :)
3) Arlington, VA
4) Leaving Thursday PM / may stop along the way
5) Hamid - hamid.moinamin at gmail dot com
still available seat in my car for Myrtle Beach
Offering: 1 seat and excellent pre-race muchies, good music and good conversation. You can tell how much I don't want to do the 8 hour ride on my own.
Will pick up in MD or DC.
Leaving Friday morning
tony_i at verizon.com