DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

FS: Cycleops Powertap Pro+ Ant+ Wireless Wheelset - $550
CREATED: 11/14/13 by aaronjw12 REPLIES: 1
aaronjw12    JOINED: 11/29/12    POSTS: 17
SOLD!: Cycleops Powertap Pro+ Ant+ Wheelset - $550
POSTED: 11/14/13 10:38 AM

SOLD, thanks for looking!

Are you ready to take your training to the NEXT LEVEL-EVELL-evelll?!??

Have you always wanted to sound cool by using acronyms such as TSS? FTP? Or even...LQWFP??? (I made the last one up, sorry).

Now you can!

But seriously training with power is a fantastic way to get stronger on the bike and to quantify your workouts. In my opinion, it is the most efficient and effective way to improve your bike output and will give you more numbers to look at as you spend this winter on your trainer in your living room/pain cave. Yes, winter is here. No, I don't like it.

I had these on and off my road bike for about a year before switching to a Quarq. Thanks to training with power, I could confidently make the move from compact to standard chainrings so figured I'd just get the crank-based Quarq powermeter at the same time. So these wheels have been sitting by the wayside for months. Time to get them adopted out to a good home!

What you're looking at/getting:

1. Powertap PRO+ Hub laced to a Mavic Open Pro wheel, 32 spoke, shimano/SRAM freehub (this is a standard 700c wheel and should fit any road bike except maybe some XS bikes that use 650c wheels).

2. Matching front wheel, with Cycleops front hub (VERY pro)

Both will include tubes and Continental GP4000s tires. Ready to go ride once you pop on a cassette.

They have been used, but work just fine. Brake surface seems a little rough maybe? I never had an issue.

Powertap hub is of the ANT+ wireless variety so should connect to any ANT+ device. I haven't had any issues connecting to any Garmin device, Apple product (with ANT+ key), or computer (again, with ANT+ key).

Located in the Crystal City area of Arlington, VA you're welcome to try them out before buying, just BYOC (bring your own cassette). Also upon purchase will provide a list of mostly real acronyms to get you started with the power lingo.

This has been SOLD!

aaronjw12    JOINED: 11/29/12    POSTS: 17
RE: FS: Cycleops Powertap Pro+ Ant+ Wireless Wheelset - $550
POSTED: 11/15/13 1:13 PM

SOLD! Thanks for looking.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria