Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

your brain on nature (and exercise)
CREATED: 11/16/12 by JessO REPLIES: 2
JessO's ravatar JessO    JOINED: 6/16/09    POSTS: 66
your brain on nature (and exercise)
POSTED: 11/16/12 12:34 PM

This is a shameless plug for my new blog, but it might come of interest to many of you. I look at how exercise and a generally active lifestyle can benefit the mind and brain. I'm working on a PhD in kinesiology, and have a concentration in cognitive neuroscience, so it's a perfect overlap of my interests.

My latest post (below) looks at how exercising in nature may be particularly beneficial. On a highly related note, a group of us will be running in Rock Creek Park on Sunday morning. More details here on the forum. Come join us!

Go outside and play
As the days grow shorter and colder, many of us will resign ourselves to fewer outdoor activities. But, fighting the lethargy of winter months and getting outside may do more than just boost vitamin-D and combat seasonal affective disorder... to continue reading

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 213
RE: your brain on nature (and exercise)
POSTED: 11/17/12 7:53 AM

Say, that's a cool blog.

-Andy Sovonick of Gaithersburg

JessO's ravatar JessO    JOINED: 6/16/09    POSTS: 66
RE: your brain on nature (and exercise)
POSTED: 11/19/12 8:45 AM

Thanks, Andy Sovonick of Gaithersburg! or, should it just be Gaithersburg's Andy Sovonick. surely, there is just one of you!

and, a tremendous congrats on smoking the Philly half...1:14:44?!! crazy fast.

-Jessica

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria