Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Potomac River Sharkfest!?
CREATED: 05/31/12 by Luke REPLIES: 4
Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 345
Potomac River Sharkfest!?
POSTED: 5/31/12 1:30 PM

Did anyone do the Potomac River Sharkfest swim last year? It's a 3K swim (about 1.8 miles) along the route 301 Harry Nice Bridge from Newburg, MD to King George, VA. The race is on Saturday morning. I registerred for it last night, and I'm wondering what the water temperature and currents are like.

http://www.sharkfestswim.com/default.asp?PageID=20898

DoggyBrown's ravatar DoggyBrown    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 137
RE: Potomac River Sharkfest!?
POSTED: 5/31/12 2:54 PM

Laurel and I did it last year. No currents to speak of. Temps were fine (but that doesn't mean much from year to year). We did it in wetsuits. It's good to swim along the bridge--no need to sight forwards very often.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1713
POSTED: 6/01/12 9:50 AM

Note that WaveOne is planning a Alexandria to National Harbor swim of that exact distance (1.8 mi) for July, details to be released soon I think. (Rumor is DoggyBrown will conduct a clinic beforehand, on how to cramp yet still swim a sub-60 minute 2.4 miles...)

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 203
POSTED: 6/01/12 10:00 AM

Doggybrown sent 'em fo sho!

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 345
POSTED: 6/01/12 12:15 PM

Good news about the currents and temperatures! Altho I'm not sure what the monsoon we're going to get tonight will mean for water conditions tomorrow!

I will look out for the Alexandria to National Harbor Swim... it will be a good "recovery" after the General Smallwood Triathlon! When are the Anacostia River and Baltimore Inner Harbor swims!?!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria