Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

NTP For 2010
CREATED: 12/07/09 by shanimcooke REPLIES: 31
ajulia's ravatar ajulia    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 145
RE: NTP For 2010
POSTED: 1/24/10 7:14 PM

Yup, online registration will open on January 27 at 9am.

It tends to fill up VERY quickly, so if you decide to sign up don't wait until later in the day!

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
POSTED: 1/24/10 7:16 PM

To add on to what Bryan said, you MUST be an active, paid member of DC Tri Club ($35/year) in order to be eligible to sign-up for NTP ($100 for NTP program).

chloevdc's ravatar chloevdc    JOINED: 1/25/10    POSTS: 63
POSTED: 1/29/10 9:28 AM

Is there an orientation this weekend for the 2010 NTPers? If so, any idea if it is Sat or Sunday and what time? The flier from the info session doesn't give specifics.

Thanks,

Chloe

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 953
POSTED: 1/29/10 9:34 AM

You should have gotten an email from DCTri entitled NTP Weekly News (make sure to check your spam folder) with all the details.

But it is Saturday (tomorrow!) at 10:00 AM at the West End Library (same place as the informational meeting). To quote from the newsletter:

"We will discuss various topics including the NTP web page, training workshops, group workouts, mentor program, essential gear and merchant partnerships/discounts. We will also be providing you with the first few weeks of the training plan and answering any questions you may have regarding getting started. The meeting will also include a question and answer session to cover any topics we may have missed.

Wear your running clothes to the meeting because immediately following we will be going on an “unofficial” training run, weather permitting. We will be dividing into pace groups and a club volunteer will be available to watch your stuff while we are running. We are planning to run for no more than 30 minutes. This run is simply offered as an opportunity to talk and get to know one another. Do keep an eye on the weather and dress appropriately – it’s currently forecast to be in the high 20s and snowing (so no one will blame you if you don’t choose to run)."

Bryan

chloevdc's ravatar chloevdc    JOINED: 1/25/10    POSTS: 63
POSTED: 1/29/10 9:44 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, Bryan.

I've checked all my emails and have not received a NTP Weekly news email (only the DC Tri Weekly from 1/26/10).

Thanks for the info. See you tomorrow!

-Chloe

larrybooth    JOINED: 1/27/10    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 1/29/10 10:04 AM

I may not be able to attend. If that is the case, is there any way to get this vital information? Can someone take minutes?

legalmoose's ravatar legalmoose    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 222
POSTED: 1/29/10 10:15 AM

We will post our speaking notes on the NTP page, though it may be a couple days after the event. The workouts will be posted soon on the NTP page as well.

Also, if anyone else did NOT receive the welcome message and is registered for NTP, please email ntp @ dctriclub.org and let us know. Thanks!

Will
2010 NTP Co-leader

johnkhokies    JOINED: 1/20/10    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 1/31/10 8:34 PM

Sorry i missed the orientation on saturday. i had babysitting duties... i look forward to meeting many of the NTPer's in one of our events. the workout seems pretty challenging. only one free day per week but looking forward it.

getgabby's ravatar getgabby    JOINED: 1/25/10    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 2/01/10 5:24 PM

Hi all,
Sounds like I missed a lot at the orientation meeting (sorry, couldn't let me frozen soccer team down). I'm a little overwhelmed by the training schedule and discussion of zones, so hope that we'll have another chance to cover these topics.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the NTP10 happy hour Wednesday!

-Gabby

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 953
POSTED: 2/01/10 7:52 PM

Hey Gabby,

Yes, you missed quite a lot at the orientation meeting, but not all is lost. :) At the NTP happy hour on Wednesday or If you're able to attend the bike-buying clinic this weekend, you're more than welcome to pull any of the NTP co-leaders aside and hound us with questions. That's what we're here for. (The bike-buying clinic might be a bit better of a place as you won't have the loud atmosphere of a bar to ask questions, but either place works.)

There will also be a heart rate clinic later in the training program which will go into details and there will be a gear clinic two weeks from this coming weekend, so you will definitely have more opportunities to cover all the topics.

Bryan
2010 NTP Co-leader

rebecca2216    JOINED: 2/9/10    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 2/09/10 1:30 PM

Hi all,

I am also a late NTP-joiner, so I missed the orientation meeting and the happy hour. I plan to get to the Bike clinic this Saturday - weather permitting. Hopefully I can catch-up with a leader there and get everything sorted out.

Any chance I can get a hold of extra handouts/talking points that I've missed out on? I also haven't received a welcome message yet... likely because I registered so late.

I'd like to catch up on whatever info I've missed. Like Gabby, I'm a little overwhelmed- but also very excited!

-Rebecca

angie2343's ravatar angie2343    JOINED: 8/19/09    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 2/09/10 1:53 PM

Hi everyone!
I'm snowed in and absolutely stir crazy so thank you for the entertaining forum entries to keep me company! :)

Like many of you- I am a late-comer to NTP. I'm really looking forward to catching up with everyone at Conte's this weekend. I also plan to hit The Bike Rack clinic next weekend in town. Check out their website for more info: www.bikerackdc.com. I met Chuck last weekend- he's awesome! Not only do they have the cleanest restroom in the district (straight from Pottery Barn), they are super patient and willing to answer any question you may have about bikes (even the stupid questions you don't want to ask out loud). I highly recommend visiting them.

Looking forward to a GREAT season!

Angie

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria