DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Tri Mania!!
CREATED: 03/05/13 by chad0022 REPLIES: 5
chad0022's ravatar chad0022    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 334
Tri Mania!!
POSTED: 3/05/13 9:42 PM

Hi All,

It's that time of year where we kick off the triathlon season with the Tri Mania Summit and Expo (formerly know as Multisport World Conference and Expo) on Sunday, March 24th at Georgetown Prep in North Bethesda.

There are plenty of positions from greeters, to seminar attendants, swag bag distributions, and swim relay coordinators.
Morning person? We have positions starting at 7:30.
Not a morning person, we need people until 4:30.

Oh, and of course volunteers will be thanked by me. :::^D:: And get some swag too.

Want to do MORE??? We need a few AWESOME volunteers to help out the entire day. You will receive some extra special thank you swag.

Keep an eye on this post for more info!

Already interested? Please email me at ac.dctri@gmail.com for your top pick of positions!

Thank you and looking forward to a great event!
Amanda

Tri Mania!! Volunteers Needed!
POSTED: 3/14/13 10:01 PM

Last year I tried a bunch of funny (or at least I thought they were funny) forum posts to get people to volunteer.

This year I am I am going simple and just flat out asking for help.

This is what is needed

Greeters
Time - 7:30-12 and 12-4:30
Volunteers needed - 2 for each shift

Swag Bag Distribution
Time - 9:30-2
Volunteers still needed - 2

Information Booth
Time - 7:30-12 and 12-4:30

Seminar Attendants
Time - 8:30-12:45 and 12:30-4:30

Swim Relay Team Competition Volunteers
Time - 11:30-1
Volunteers needed - 12

Workshop Assistants
Time - 8-9, 10-11, 1-2
Volunteers needed - 1 for each

Running Co. Campus Dash Volunteers (Outside)
Time - 8-10
Volunteers needed - 6

Also, working with a friend is more fun so please sign up with someone!

Please email me at ac.dctri@gmail.com to sign up with availability (a shift is great, but 1 hour, 2, 4 or anything would be great) and desired position(s).

Thanks!!
Amanda

RE: Tri Mania!!
POSTED: 3/18/13 2:28 PM

Okay, starting to panic a bit...

PLEASE help out for any time you can. We really need people, especially for the relay competition and campus dash - but really all day.

Please email me at ac.dctri@gmail.com or I will have to resort to begging...

Thank you!
Amanda

POSTED: 3/18/13 8:45 PM

Job details

Job: Greeters
Description: Meet and greet people at the entrances to the Hanley Center, distribute copies of the Endurance Sports Calendars and TRI-MANIA programs and direct people to attractions (e.g. registration, expo floor, seminars, clinics, etc.) and answer basic questions about the facilities (e.g. location of rest rooms, get food, etc.).

Job: Swag Bag Distribution
Description: Distribute goodie bags to the first 500 registered attendees; Swag Bag volunteers will need to confirm each attendee is a registered attendee before giving out the swag bag; attendee lists to be provided.

Job: Information Booth
Description: Work the information booth on the Expo floor; be available to answer basic questions about the event (e.g. location of seminars, clinics, events.) and the facility (e.g. location of rest rooms, food, etc.); assist with registering people for clinics and workshops as needed; must be personable, outgoing and comfortable answering lots of questions

Job: Seminar Attendants
Description: Direct attendees to their seats as needed; provide 10 minute and 5 minute warnings to speakers as they near the end of their allotted time to keep seminars on schedule;

Job: Swim Relay Team Competition Volunteers
Description: Assistants are need to help check in teams for this competition and assist with running the event to include but not be limited to timing a team and recording individual splits of each team member; stop watches, clip boards and team rosters to be provided.

Job: Swim Clinic Assistants
Description: Assistant needed to check in registered participants to the Total Immersion swim clinics offered throughout the day; rosters to be provided.

Job: Workshop Assistants positioned outside the Film Room
Description: Assistant needed to check in registered participants to the 8am Mark Allen workshop, the 10am Lean for a Lifetime Workshop and the 1pm Eat to Peak workshop

Job: Running Co. Campus Dash Volunteers
Description: Volunteers will be needed to be positioned on the course of a short 3 mile run on the campus of Georgetown Prep to direct runners along the course. Volunteers may also be needed to help at the start (e.g. checking in registered racers) or the finish (remove timing chip is applicable).This is OUTSIDE.

Times needed for each position above.
Please email me at ac.dctri@gmail.com.
THANK YOU!
Amanda

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 983
POSTED: 3/19/13 6:38 AM

Come on folks! This is a really fun opportunity. Volunteer for a shift and then hit up the seminars and informational clinics when you're not volunteering. Come and cheer on the Snapple/DCTri Elite teams, the club board team, the club member team and the NTP member team competing in the different challenges (5k run, 4x400 swim relay, and 10k CompuTrainer time trial).

Georgetown Prep is very close to the Grosvenor Metro station, so it's very metro accessible. Or join up with NTP at Peirce Mill for a group bike ride out to the event.

There are lots of cool booths and lots of free samples. Bike makers tend to bring out novel concept bikes to the event for everyone to check out (unfortunately, no free samples of bikes).

Bryan

POSTED: 3/21/13 9:47 AM

Bump!

Things are looking better but we still really need people from 11:15-1 for the swim relay competition.

And a morning person to help with the swim clinics starting at 7:30

Oh, and a workshop helper starting at 8.

I'll be at HH tonight if anyone wants to talk details... I'll even let you buy me a beverage :::^b::

Don't forget to email me at ac.dctri@gmail.com and let me know what position and time!
Thanks!!
Amanda

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria