Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

NTP/HighCloud PeasantMan meeting, HH, and RAFFLE
CREATED: 04/16/12 by rah2774 REPLIES: 14
rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 249
NTP/HighCloud PeasantMan meeting, HH, and RAFFLE
POSTED: 4/16/12 8:02 PM

There will be a joint NTP and High Cloud PeasantMan meeting, happy hour, and raffle on Thurs., May 3 at McFadden’s in the downstairs meeting room. The meeting will include NTP leaders addressing the group followed by a brief pre-race meeting and Q&A session for the High Cloud PeasantMan athletes. This event will also serve as the only local packet pickup for the triathlon.

**All are welcome to participate in the raffle and enjoy the evening's festivities!**

Immediately following the "meeting" the High Cloud Foundation will hold a raffle!! The raffle prizes include, but are not limited to: XTerra Vendetta wetsuit;
Trek FX bike (courtesy of Revolution Cycles, Clarendon);
Rudy Project Wingspan helmet;
Marine Corps Marathon entry;
One-on-one Wave One swim lesson;
FreshBikes Triathlon kit;
Wave One swim clinic entry;
Wave One happy hour swim entry;
Precision bike tune up from Wheel Nuts (Alexandria, VA);
Smith Optics and Boston Bill sunglasses; and
Gift cards from Wheel Nuts, Revolution Cycles, and Under Armour

Raffle tickets can be purchased ($5 each or 3 for $10) in advance of the event (details to be announced). Tickets may also be purchased at McFadden’s (cash only) on the day of the event until the time of the drawing. Winners need not be present to claim their prizes (but must pick up prizes).

We hope to see you there!

pmahler's ravatar pmahler    JOINED: 1/21/12    POSTS: 42
RE: NTP/HighCloud PeasantMan meeting, HH, and RAFFLE
POSTED: 4/17/12 1:48 PM

What time do you think people will start getting there?

POSTED: 4/17/12 1:54 PM

Hi! I suspect the NTP'ers and PMan athletes will arrive around 6:30-7 (that's usually when the crowds start to pick up for the club HH's) to get drinks, say hellos, pick up packets, etc.
If you're not in either of those groups, you're certainly welcome and encouraged to come as early as you'd like, but we ask that you be respectful during the brief meeting portion of the event (which starts at 7).
We anticipate the raffle starting in the 7:30-7:45 range, so I imagine that's when things will really pick up.
Hope this helps, great question.

MallowCN83's ravatar MallowCN83    JOINED: 1/20/11    POSTS: 59
POSTED: 4/17/12 7:22 PM

Are there going to be any other packet pick-up options?

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1320
POSTED: 4/18/12 8:11 AM

Hi Candace,

We'll have more details in the Athlete's Guide. We'd like for everyone to pick up their packets prior to race day. Other than the happy hour, we'll be at Lake Anna the entire day on Saturday for the festivitives. You can pick it up there. You can also ask a friend to pick up the packets for you at either locations.

We recognize that there will be circumstances that would preclude some folks from the Happy Hour and Lake Anna pickup. If that's the category that you fall under, we'll work with you to get the packet to you on race day. We will try to be as friendly as possible to ensure that you race on Sunday.

We not only want everyone there, but for everyone there to have a good time. However, keep in mind that there will be tons of activities going on on race day and there **WILL** be some delays and frustrations on your part if you choose to go the Sunday path. There will be a line for timing chip pickup. A line for body marking. A line for parking. A line for the restrooms. The last thing that you should worry about is running around trying to find your race packet.

The bottom line is, recruit a friend to pick up the packet for you at the happy hour or on Saturday at Lake Anna before the event. It will save you and us a lot of grief and frustrations :)

Drop me an email if you absolutely cannot make or arrange for packet pickup on either day. I'll work with you :)

Tuan

POSTED: 4/21/12 6:27 PM

Tickets for the High Cloud PeasantMan triathlon raffle are NOW available here:
https://www.highcloudevents.org/HighCloudFundraisingRaffle&Tickets

POSTED: 4/25/12 4:26 PM

**update with respect to venue**
We will have the entire downstairs area of McFadden's with the exception of the back room (they double booked that area). Woo hoo... we'll have lots of space, so bring all of your friends!

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 4/26/12 9:51 AM

Awesome! We are going to have a great time!! Can't wait!

MallowCN83's ravatar MallowCN83    JOINED: 1/20/11    POSTS: 59
POSTED: 5/01/12 10:41 AM

I don't really know anyone in the club personally, but is anyone that lives in the NOVA area willing to pick up my packet for me? I can get it from you Friday evening (I work in Bethesda until 5PM), and I live in Great Falls. It would be a HUGE HUGE help so I don't risk not being able to get it on Sunday.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 5/01/12 2:55 PM

Do you think Alexandria Child Services would mind keeping my kid and her 3 friends I have to bring and pick up from softball practice on Thursday during the HH? Oh the lament of the working mom... Better yet - TUAN you have to know of some re-education camp I can send them to for the night.

POSTED: 5/01/12 3:16 PM

And yes, I just bought my raffle tickets online. When did it become necessary to scroll down so far to find my birthdate? This is shocking.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1320
POSTED: 5/01/12 3:38 PM

Don't be silly, they are not ready for a re-education camp education yet. Send them over to my home, I'll let them mow my lawn ... with a dull scissor.

Seriously though, why can't you chain them up outside of McFadden's?

Tuan

POSTED: 5/01/12 3:42 PM

better be careful, though... the HOA may see them scissoring Tuan's lawn and hire them to do everyone else's!

Chains could work... but if the weather is bad, I was thinking you should leave them in the car and crack the windows. Good enough for pets, right? OR, we could raffle them off. McFadden's may let them in if they're prizes.

POSTED: 5/02/12 7:44 AM

Well - I found a way to come to the meeting that does not involve scissors or re-education camps, but I reserve that right for future HH. I'll at least be there for the briefing and maybe a quick one!

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 5/02/12 6:51 PM

Beers please! Here's to winning something... :]

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria