Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

ISO: Local Shop w/ Saddle Demo Program
CREATED: 04/14/13 by jgreenfield REPLIES: 5
jgreenfield's ravatar jgreenfield    JOINED: 11/19/10    POSTS: 18
ISO: Local Shop w/ Saddle Demo Program
POSTED: 4/14/13 5:32 PM

I'm unhappy/uncomfortable with my current saddle (Fizik Arione), so I'm interested in trying something new.

It sounds like many people have been happy with ISMs -- does anyone know if there is a local shop that has a saddle demo program and carries ISMs?

Thanks in advance,
John

molnarc2's ravatar molnarc2    JOINED: 9/8/12    POSTS: 28
RE: ISO: Local Shop w/ Saddle Demo Program
POSTED: 4/14/13 7:41 PM

John,

District Hardware The Bike Shop has an Adamo demo program. They are a local shop located in Foggy Bottom.

Here is their website: thebikeshopdc.com

-Charles

jbauer    JOINED: 1/1/11    POSTS: 54
POSTED: 4/14/13 10:10 PM

I'll add Bonzai Sports in case you're closer to the Falls Church area. They loaned a few ISM/Adamo demo saddles to me last year.

POSTED: 4/15/13 12:32 PM

This is perfect - thanks guys!

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 240
POSTED: 4/17/13 3:25 PM

I believe that Cycle Life in G-town carries Adamo saddles as well. I KNOW that you can ride a saddle and return it to them for a credit (on a different saddle) if you don't like it.

I personally ride an Adamo on my TT and love it, but know many who would rather die than ride one... it's a love it or hate it saddle.

Be aware that there is a breaking in period/adjustment period - don't expect to put it on and then go ride 60 miles. You should plan on several short rides to get used to it and the proper positioning.

Also, the set up and fit is unique to other saddles. Todd Kenyon of TT Bike Fit has a video on You Tube walking you through installation. I highly recommend it. Todd is the BEST in the biz wrt bike fitting. I just wish he were in the area.

POSTED: 4/20/13 2:22 PM

That's a great point Rebecca, I'll keep it in mind. Appreciate the additional insight.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria