Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Advice on Swim Location
CREATED: 05/02/14 by cbowman REPLIES: 2
cbowman    JOINED: 1/16/14    POSTS: 10
Advice on Swim Location
POSTED: 5/02/14 1:28 PM

Just curious on which pool location to choose for DC Tri Masters Swimming. I am debating picking up swim practices with DC Tri club (used to swim in a separate master's team). I'm about 20 min. away from both AU and Wilson, but Catholic's way closer. Any advice from fellow swimmers? I swim 2-3x a week.

chad0022's ravatar chad0022    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 325
RE: Advice on Swim Location
POSTED: 5/02/14 3:07 PM

Hi,

I think it depends on what you are looking for from your swim. Catholic is not part of the DC Tri masters swim. We reserve the 6-lane (25 yard) pool Mon and Wed from 6:30-8 - the rest is up to you. Workouts are posted and about half the people who come do those, the other half do their own thing.
Paul, the CUA head swim coach, is available for questions to help you with your swimming, help run your practice (give you times to aim for, yell at you to go faster, tell you when to concentrate on form, etc), or he will leave you alone.
Also, we are $5 a session with no commitment.

I hope that helps explain things from the Catholic swim point of view. Please send me a message if you have any more questions!
Thanks
Amanda

rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 360
RE: Advice on Swim Location
POSTED: 5/05/14 11:14 AM

Totally agree with Amanda - and I have the opposite view.

It depends on what you are looking for.

The masters program is on par with a track workout. We have 2 coaches on deck to manage practice and also help with technique whenever possible. We do expect everyone at practice to do the same practice (which is modified by lane to meet ability) and have the lanes work together to also push each other.

I've swam at Catholic and it's a much more laid back program that's not as rigid in structure, where you can do what you want to do or get assistance when you want it.

-Catharine

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria