Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Interested in a Semi-Private Run Coach?
CREATED: 04/18/11 by Jewels REPLIES: 8
Jewels's ravatar Jewels    JOINED: 3/31/11    POSTS: 21
Interested in a Semi-Private Run Coach?
POSTED: 4/18/11 10:16 PM

I am trying to get a small group (@4 or 5) people together who would like to have a couple sessions with Margie the running coach. Her ideal time is 7:30am on Thursday mornings (I'm thinking 2 or 3 sessions) for 100 total (20 per person per session if we have 5). Please e-mail me at lajewels6@gmail.com if you are interested. Thanks!!

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 367
RE: Interested in a Semi-Private Run Coach?
POSTED: 4/18/11 11:19 PM

Unfortunately I can't make it at that time (I've gotta be in Bethesda for work at 8am), but Margie Shapiro is great! She was my old high school cross country & track coach! She is really knowledgable about all 3 sports, plus she's easily the best triathlete in the area!

dmd326's ravatar dmd326    JOINED: 10/28/10    POSTS: 69
POSTED: 4/19/11 10:00 AM

I'd definitely be interested, but it'd have to be evenings, as I work from 7am to 6p.

mildmanneredreporter's ravatar mildmanneredreporter    JOINED: 8/20/09    POSTS: 26
POSTED: 4/19/11 11:08 AM

What are you thinking in terms of location?

POSTED: 4/19/11 2:00 PM

Hi! Thanks for all the interest! I apologize for not mentioning that the training will be at Washington & Lee track (Arlington). The 7:30 time was suggested by Margie, but I can also look for another time she is available in the evening or weekend. I'll aim to set up 2 sessions with hopefully 5 people each - 1 and 7:30am Thursday morning; and one the following week on a weekend or evening (will check with Margie's schedule). I am collecting names and will talk to Margie to post dates soon.
Feel free to contact me at: lajewels6@gmail.com
Look forward to meeting you all!
Jewels
PS I will check but I do not think we are expected to all run the same pace as I imagine this is more about drills.

POSTED: 4/19/11 7:57 PM

Margie is unavailable in the evenings but she said she can find a differnt coach for that group. If you can do a Thursday morning, she can meet us at 7:30 at W&L track on May 5. From Margie:

Def don't need to be the same speeds. You all can request how the hour should go but I'd recommend you do some easy warm up jogging on your own prior to 730 so we can do drills and some speedwork and form analysis w/ the hour

Let me know if you are available for that date and time. Or if you can be available on a different date on the same day and time (I'm flexible in terms of date and she seems to be also).

POSTED: 4/23/11 3:12 PM

Please e-mail me at lajewels6@gmail.com for final confirmation if you can make it at 7:30am to Washington and Lee Track on Thursday, May 5th for an hour semi-private run coaching session with Margie. So far I have:
1. Kyoko
2. Alice
3. Ashley
4. Julia
5. Kaj
6. Jewels (me)
Please confirm whether or not you can make it. If you are not on this list and do want to come I willl start a waiting list in case anyone changes their minds. If there are 6 people it will be $20 per person. She suggested we warm up on our own before the practice.

POSTED: 5/03/11 2:54 PM

The semi-private run training with Margie is now at 7:30am Thursday, May 12th (new date!)
Please let me know if you can make it:
lajewels6@gmail.com

Thanks!!

Jewels

7:30-830 - Washington and Lee Track, 7:30 AM, all levels welcome 2-5 people.

chloevdc's ravatar chloevdc    JOINED: 1/25/10    POSTS: 63
POSTED: 5/12/11 10:00 AM

Jewels,

Thanks again for setting this up!
I found the hour to be really helpful and worth it.

-Chloe

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria