Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Good Tri Reading
CREATED: 07/27/11 by Andre REPLIES: 7
Andre's ravatar Andre    JOINED: 4/8/11    POSTS: 50
Good Tri Reading
POSTED: 7/27/11 9:47 AM

Can anybody recommend a few good books about triathlons. Not looking for training books but something more in the in the vein of "Born to Run",
"Once A Runner" or "Not About the Bike".

Thanks

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1050
RE: Good Tri Reading
POSTED: 7/27/11 1:30 PM

Triathlon Workout Planner - by John Mora

Swim, Bike, Run by Wes Hobson

Both are great reads as I annually re-read each one and learn some new things each time.

Dammiles    JOINED: 4/16/11    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 7/27/11 1:53 PM

Whilst sort of on training I liked a book called "breakthrough triathlon training" - doesn't have workouts or anything like that in more about ways to train.

Andre's ravatar Andre    JOINED: 4/8/11    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 7/27/11 2:06 PM

Thanks guys. The Breakthrough Triathlon Training seems interesting but I'm looking for something inspirational/entertaining - not a new workout.

AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 7/27/11 2:43 PM

Macca just put a book out, and I think there is one about racing Ironman called 17 Hours to Glory...but outside of that there isn't much.

Most of the "inspirational" books are still to be found surrounding the individual disciplines.

Andy

novasupra's ravatar novasupra    JOINED: 12/3/09    POSTS: 70
POSTED: 7/27/11 9:49 PM

The Long Run by Matt Long. He's the new york fire fighter who got run over by a bus and impaled by his seat post but came back to finish a marathon and an Ironman.

crawford's ravatar crawford    JOINED: 9/26/10    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 7/28/11 7:09 AM

There's "Iron Heart: The True Story of How I Came Back from the Dead". Amazing overcoming-the-odds story of a local MD high school student named Brian Boyle. You can get a synopsis of his story at his blog http://brianboyle.wordpress.com/biography/ and on Amazon.com at http://amzn.com/1602397716

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1050
POSTED: 7/28/11 11:14 AM

If your training for an Ironman, read 'Becoming an Ironman' by K. Douglas Tom.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria