Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Ladies: where do you buy size 11 cycling shoes?
CREATED: 01/09/11 by chloevdc REPLIES: 3
chloevdc's ravatar chloevdc    JOINED: 1/25/10    POSTS: 63
Ladies: where do you buy size 11 cycling shoes?
POSTED: 1/09/11 2:10 PM

To the taller ladies out there, where in the area do you buy size 11 (44) bike shoes in the area? So far three LBS' don't have my size and they all recommend men's shoes. My feet are extremely narrow so all of the men's shoes I have tried on have been too wide. I'm looking to spend less than $200 and would like to buy in a shop as opposed to buying online and having to deal with shipping returns, etc. Any guidance is much appreciated!

-Chloe

wombat's ravatar wombat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 266
RE: Ladies: where do you buy size 11 cycling shoes?
POSTED: 1/09/11 6:14 PM

Here's what I found a couple years ago when I faced the same problem (my foot width is literally AAAA and I have to special order all my shoes!)

Most women's cycling shoes only go up to a size 42 or 43 so you'll have to get a men's/unisex shoe. But good news - Sidi offers a few shoe models in narrow and wide/mega widths! I have the Sidi Genius cycling shoe in a 44 narrow. I wear a thick sock, buckle and velcro the straps to the tighest setting and they work well. Because it's such an odd size, stores don't stock it. I found my pair online, on sale, for less than $200. (Can't remember where I bought them, but just google sidi genius 44 narrow and look for the best price.)

Good luck!

Tammy

sewert12's ravatar sewert12    JOINED: 5/21/10    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 1/10/11 8:20 AM

I also have to buy men's bike shoes. I have pretty narrow feet as well, and I found that some of the Specialized men's tri shoes are relatively narrow. The Specialize Trivent shoe has worked well for me.

chloevdc's ravatar chloevdc    JOINED: 1/25/10    POSTS: 63
POSTED: 1/10/11 11:41 AM

Thanks to you both!
I'll look into both Sidi's and specialized!
Much appreciated!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria