Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

nation's tri
CREATED: 04/03/09 by ellove524 REPLIES: 22
ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
nation's tri
POSTED: 4/03/09 9:53 AM

Are any NTPers registered or thinking about regesitering for nation's? I am considering it, and since it is almost full, I think I should make my decision sooner rather than later. Wanted some input from others before I made my decision.

bobf's ravatar bobf    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 15
RE: nation's tri
POSTED: 4/03/09 10:03 AM

I registered. Seems like an awesome race in our backyard. I'm still not at a great fitness level, but this will give me another goal to kick myself into shape.

- Bob

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1069
POSTED: 4/03/09 10:10 AM

It is a great race and it's awesome to have a big city race right here in DC.

If you don't end up racing Nation's, we're the official volunteer organization so there are plenty of ways to get involved and enjoy the race.

trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 133
POSTED: 4/03/09 10:45 AM

I went ahead and registered. If we're ready to schlep to NJ for a race in July we can surely grab a taxi downtown for a race in Sept!

Besides I figure some Potomac water will be good for my immune system. yummy.

I hope more NTPers sign up so we can keep training together after July!

mark    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 4/03/09 12:22 PM

i am doing nations too

looking forward to swimming in the potomac!!

minime's ravatar minime    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 48
POSTED: 4/03/09 12:51 PM

Do it! Nations was a great race.

Last year some NTPers debated signing up. By the time they caught the tri bug, it was filled up.

Oddly, I preferred the swim in the Potomac over NJ's Lake Mercer.

POSTED: 4/03/09 12:58 PM

because it is faster flowing? temperature?

last year lake mercer seemed very warm

minime's ravatar minime    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 48
POSTED: 4/03/09 1:17 PM

Well... I spent quadruple the time in it, giving me plenty of time to compare and contrast the two bodies of water.

It actually was a little more clear than Lake Mercer. It was about a week after a serious rainstorm and somehow the river came out crystal clear.

But more than the water, it was just a fantastic place to do a swim portion of a tri. You're swimming and people are cheering you on from the Memorial Bridge. You look to you right (when headed north) and you see the Lincoln Memorial and the steps. The view from the river was beautiful.

I [heart] Nations.

POSTED: 4/03/09 1:23 PM

that is awesome
cant wait to do nations!

ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 4/03/09 3:01 PM

alright, you all convinced me. I am pulling out the credit card now...

HillOE's ravatar HillOE    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 78
POSTED: 4/03/09 7:09 PM

Ditto - the positive feedback I got the cc out and charged.

This year is turning into "swim the drains of the Mid Atlantic' for me: Potomac and Schuylkill....sweet! What doesn't kill us will make us stronger?

rwsdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 4/03/09 11:07 PM

i'm in. From what I've read, they changed the course somewhat and significantly increased the number of participants. It should be a great event!

allisonacs    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 4/06/09 12:34 AM

Actually, Nations is the only race I'm signed up for. I was going to do NJ, but before I even found NTP I had signed up for Nations... and now I am on, how do you say, a much reduced budget and can't justify spending 100+ on a race.

But I will try to come to NJ and cheer everyone on!

larsencm    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 4/17/09 10:35 AM

I signed up for Nation's too. I'd definitely be interested in continuing to train with fellow NTPers after NJ to prepare for this one. Looking forward to it!

legalmoose's ravatar legalmoose    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 222
POSTED: 4/17/09 4:48 PM

In addition to NJ and Nation's, you might also consider the Northeast Triathlon on August 16th. It's got both a sprint and an olympic distance race, and it's the mid-atlantic regional club championship race for USAT. There will be a large DC Tri presence there, which means a lot of support and cheering, as well as carpool possibilities. The timing is such that it's definitely possible to do all three of these if you wish.

Will

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1069
POSTED: 4/17/09 5:44 PM

There are going to be some really great races this summer for DC Tri.

North East as we go for our 5th straight championship
Nation's Tri - Our hometown race has, at last count, 369 DC Tri members registered
New Jersey will have 100+ DC Tri folks again this year as it's the NTP race

It's going to be an awesome summer!

jvanleunen    JOINED: 3/3/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 4/17/09 10:40 PM

I signed up for Nations on impulse a few weeks ago!! I'm a total newbie to everything here but I'm hoping that the NJ Sprint and continued training will get me ramped up for the longer race w/ Nations!

I'm glad to hear other NTPers are also signed up!!

steph_430    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 33
POSTED: 4/20/09 11:51 AM

I checked Nation's Tri website this morning and it is eventually sold out. :( I am doing NTP this year and doing NJ sprint and would like to look for an Olympic distance race later in the summer. Thanks for the tip on Northeast tri in August - I will look into it.

steph

arabolu's ravatar arabolu    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 36
POSTED: 4/27/09 3:27 PM

Glad to see so many positive reviews for the Nations tri. Am signed up as well and was worried about the Potomac!

DCDean    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 4/28/09 11:23 AM

I signed up too. Hope we can get a list of NTPers doing Nations so we can continue training together.

Dean Palmer

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria