Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

PeasantMan open thread
CREATED: 05/06/12 by mosered REPLIES: 6
mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1768
PeasantMan open thread
POSTED: 5/06/12 6:39 PM

Thanks to High Cloud, the board of the DC Tri Club/NTP, Wave One, Revolution Bikes/Bonzai's/Nation's Tri, Amazing Race & its clocks/bike racks, the Lake Anna park rangers (and Georgetown Cupcakes), and many, many others for helping put on this weekend's PMan/High Cloud triathlon. And to the many newbies who did their first triathlon and open-water swim!

jbrez's ravatar jbrez    JOINED: 1/30/11    POSTS: 267
RE: PeasantMan open thread
POSTED: 5/06/12 7:45 PM

Just like last year, another great race. Thanks to the High Cloud race crew, volunteers and racers who came together for a great weekend.

dmcelhare's ravatar dmcelhare    JOINED: 4/17/10    POSTS: 49
POSTED: 5/06/12 8:08 PM

Great job organizers and volunteers! Thanks for putting on an enjoyable and quality event.

HillOE's ravatar HillOE    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 78
POSTED: 5/07/12 5:57 AM

Always a great event. Special thanks to all the volunteers who made the race safe and fun!

For those looking for the chocolate "pudding" recipe:

1/4 cup butter
1 cup avocado puree (just mushed up avocado)...about 1 1/2 avocados.
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Hershey's has a special dark/unsweetened cocoa powder blend and I used that)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup cornstarch

in a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in the avocado puree, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla. Cook, mashing the avocado well (I used a potato masher). Once it thickens, about 3 to 4 minutes, remove from heat and gradually stir in the cornstarch. Can be served hot or cold - I like it cold.

I then put it in my mixer and whipped it on high until it was smooth...nothing worse then getting a lump of green in your chocolate!

It can probably be used as an icing for cupcakes as well as a stand alone dessert. It's not low calorie, but who really cares about that?

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 5/07/12 8:18 AM

Ditto - I had a blast. Thanks for everyone who got this event up and running. What a tremendous effort. I could really see the herculean effort this took with how hard everyone was working and how smoothly this all went. My daughter and I had a blast volunteering for the swim on our paddle boards and look forward to coming back next year! Great to see everyone too. Love you guys!

zenetanar's ravatar zenetanar    JOINED: 5/13/10    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 5/07/12 10:06 AM

I volunteered last year and raced this year -- had a BLAST! My kids also had a great time playing on the beach/ playground while I participated. Thank you to all the people who took this on. How did I miss the pudding?!?!? Hey at least I got a cupcake.

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 184
POSTED: 5/07/12 12:31 PM

I made up a poem during the race:

Three extra miles on the run
Thirty more minutes in the sun
Today just got a lot more fun

Brad.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria