Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

ISO stuck pedal/cleat advice
CREATED: 10/19/09 by postie REPLIES: 2
postie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 46
ISO stuck pedal/cleat advice
POSTED: 10/19/09 5:15 PM

I use speedplay zeros, and my cleat has stuck to the pedal the last two times I've biked. Fortunately, I've been able to safely remove my foot from the shoe.

After the first time, my husband was able to muscle the cleat off the pedal and said it simply needed to be tightened in order to disengage the pedal properly. Well, despite the tightening, it stuck again this morning...

I'm wondering if it's wear on the cleat. I bought these about 2 years ago, and used them a ton during training for Ironman Louisville and other races this year.

Any idea what may be wrong? I'd love to avoid a trip to the bike shop if possible.

Thanks!

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
RE: ISO stuck pedal/cleat advice
POSTED: 10/19/09 7:56 PM

you answered your own question, its the cleats they are due to be replaced, so do it.

i believe that speedplay cleats that as they wear they are harder to disengage from the pedals, at least that is teh case with the x-pedal series from them, the predecessor to the zeros.

also i do not have the zero pedals i use the speedplay x pedals and basically 1 year is all you get out of the cleats if you want the cleats to work perfectly all the time after that you are on borrowed time. you might get a little more time out of them but again then you risk the problems you are having.

cleats wear out they are not meant to last forever.

good luck.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
RE: ISO stuck pedal/cleat advice
POSTED: 10/20/09 9:26 AM

Mine got stuck and I just lubed them up with some of my chain grease - work fine now. But I am an amature with amature solutions...

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria