DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Beach 2 Battleship Race Report
CREATED: 10/22/12 by wbdowntown REPLIES: 1
wbdowntown's ravatar wbdowntown    JOINED: 3/28/12    POSTS: 103
Beach 2 Battleship Race Report
POSTED: 10/22/12 8:19 PM

B2B race recap.
Congrats to all the DC Tri Club folks who were out there.
A great event and fast course!

wbdowntown.wordpress.com/2012/04/

jorlie's ravatar jorlie    JOINED: 11/19/10    POSTS: 57
RE: Beach 2 Battleship Race Report
POSTED: 10/23/12 11:17 AM

Yeap. It was good to see some othe DC Tri folks out there. I'd like to pass this info to folks considering this race or looking at late season 1/2s.

This is a great race with amazing support. The RD said there were 1,600 volunteers for the 1,700 or so athletes for the full and ½. I’m not kidding, I felt like we had volunteers just to cheer you along the way. Aid stations were well stocked with plenty of support. The ½ had about 1,000 participants. It’s large enough that you definitely get a big race feel, but small enough that you enjoy the experience and attention to detail. I was highly impressed with the organization in getting the stuff from one place to the next, especially with a double transition. It’s also a family friendly venue with moonbounce, face painting, etc. The town of Wilmington is nice to explore, so family and friends can roam around and have lunch, while you do your 1/2. Well, in my case, my kids had scrapped knees from all the time they were horsing around in the moonbounce. There’s also Wrightsville Beach (swim start) about 8 miles from downtown. There were many options for lodging either at hotels, B&B, or house rentals. I secured a beach house rental just 4 weeks prior to race day. In terms of organization, this event has only been rivaled by the USAT Halfmax Championship and USAT Age Group Nationals. I would put this one high on the list for those wanting to do a late season ½.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria