Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Other Masters Swim Options?
CREATED: 09/28/12 by Nicole REPLIES: 3
Nicole's ravatar Nicole    JOINED: 1/21/12    POSTS: 63
Other Masters Swim Options?
POSTED: 9/28/12 12:06 AM

I had hoped to get into the DC Tri Club Masters Program this coming quarter, but it is looking very unlikely. Can anyone recommend other fall/winter masters programs in the area? I live in Alexandria and work in DC, so something in that general area would be much appreciated. Thanks for any suggestions!

04swiger's ravatar 04swiger    JOINED: 6/21/10    POSTS: 25
RE: Other Masters Swim Options?
POSTED: 9/28/12 11:30 AM

here are most of the masters swim clubs in the DC area: http://www.pvmasters.org/clubs.htm

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 9/28/12 11:46 AM

Chinquapin has a Masters program. They swim at 6a-7:15a M-F. Just go in and introduce yourself one AM. Coaches are really friendly. Group is good. They get 4 lanes of the pool. I think a group goes Sunday night. If you go M-F Am - I am sure they will let you swim with them and then give you info & put you on mailing list. Not sure the $. I swim at Chinq, but not with the masters group. I have a coach who emails me workouts on a weekly basis and I pay him a monthly fee. Email me at: clarebearcolburn@yahoo.com if interested in private coach.

Nicole's ravatar Nicole    JOINED: 1/21/12    POSTS: 63
POSTED: 9/28/12 6:40 PM

Thanks, these suggestions are super helpful. Maureen, I've swum at Chinq before and noticed how many lanes those guys get -- maybe going over there is the solution. Thanks!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria