Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Any Gaithersburg/Rockville area members?
CREATED: 07/12/09 by asovonick REPLIES: 6
asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 203
Any Gaithersburg/Rockville area members?
POSTED: 7/12/09 5:09 PM

My name is Andrew Sovonick, I joined the club in early June, and I've been to a couple workouts, but since they're mostly in DC or VA, it's hard to get out there in both morning and afternoon.

I'm wondering if there are any members who live in the Gaithersburg/Rockville/Potomac area and points north, east and west. I'd like to bike with other people, as cycling through the "mountains" of northwest Montgomery County alone can get downright lonely!

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 946
RE: Any Gaithersburg/Rockville area members?
POSTED: 7/12/09 10:21 PM

First off, welcome to the club.

There are a few of us MD people out there. Probably more down in the Bethesda area, but there are some of us up in Rockville/G'burg area. I'll speak for myself as I'm in G'burg, but I know there are some others as well.

Bryan

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 203
POSTED: 7/13/09 9:16 AM

Thanks, Bryan.

My e-mail address is asovonick@comcast.net, let me know if you're interested in doing any rides or bricks out here.

ndusty's ravatar ndusty    JOINED: 11/30/09    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 11/30/09 10:38 AM

Hey Andrew,

My name is Natalie. I am brand new to the area and the club. I live in North Potomac and work in Rockville. I'd love to ride with someone. Email me if you want to try to get together for a spin.

ndusty@mac.com

hamburger1971's ravatar hamburger1971    JOINED: 8/13/09    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 12/01/09 1:57 PM

I'm in Derwood, about a mile south of the Shady Grove Metro so it's practically Rockville.

I could be up for some riding, though I'm not dedicated enough to get out there if it's too cold/windy/wet or if there's an old episode of Dirty Jobs on.

hamburger1971 at gmail dot com, it looks like there may be a few of us around.

Jeff

hamburger1971's ravatar hamburger1971    JOINED: 8/13/09    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 12/01/09 2:58 PM

BTW, Andrew, saw you on athlinks - cripes, you're fast. As an 8 minute miler in the few 10Ks I've run, I officially hate you already :-)

cosacalo's ravatar cosacalo    JOINED: 8/30/09    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 12/01/09 3:55 PM

I live in Greenbelt but usually go Saturdays or Sundays between 9-10 am to Rock Creek park around east-west hwy in Bethesda and ride towards George town and back a couple of times. My email is cosacalo at gmail dot com.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria