Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

looking for bike fitter recommendations
CREATED: 01/27/10 by LMR6478 REPLIES: 10
LMR6478's ravatar LMR6478    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 46
looking for bike fitter recommendations
POSTED: 1/27/10 2:23 PM

So my orthopedic surgeon says that having my bike fit properly will probably help some of my knee pain. Although I didn't bother to do this last season, I am very interested in it now. Can someone recommend a good place to have a bike fit done? I am particularly interested in someone who will check the positioning of my cleats relevant to my knee positioning. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Lara

kkaufer's ravatar kkaufer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 126
RE: looking for bike fitter recommendations
POSTED: 1/27/10 2:46 PM

Josh Frick at Cycle Life in Georgetown. I was having hip/back issues, but have been pain-free ever since he fitted me a year ago.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 1/27/10 3:24 PM

Conte's offers bike fitting services as well - know only be reputation - but reputation is all good.

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 1/27/10 8:00 PM

Again, this recommendation is on reputation only, but another merchant partner - Sport & Spinal Physical Therapy - has done a great job for people with existing medical issues.

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 1/27/10 10:46 PM

Sport & Spinal Physical Therapy is the place, is a merchant partner.They improve my position, Scot was the therapist that did it for me.
5 thumbs up

tgrollman's ravatar tgrollman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 226
POSTED: 1/28/10 9:45 AM

Clovis at Conte's is awesome.

jpanek    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 2/23/10 11:28 PM

I strongly second Clovis at Contes - had the full 3D fit only 6 weeks before IMFL, and he identified and corrected numerous issues for me. Previously, I would have foot numbness/sore back after only a few hours. After the fit, the bike leg was comfortable, with no joint pain just muscle soreness. He also found and fixed several issues with my bike from a previous shop that shall remain nameless. Top notch!

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
POSTED: 2/24/10 12:07 AM

I just had a bike fit with Paul at Conte's. He picked up on a very subtle difference between my feet (something that was corrected when I was a child - I didn't even remember that I had that problem until Paul asked me about it), which explained why I was having some problems with my left knee/quad. This subtle difference is enough that warranted the left cleat to be positioned just slightly differently from the right. He also found me a saddle that doesn't make me hate my bike - I might just have to name my firstborn after him for that one. He made a bunch of little changes, but I can already tell a difference in my pedal stroke. He was really great about explaining to me everything that he was doing, so it was very educational as well. It was a fantastic experience, and I highly recommend him.

cosacalo's ravatar cosacalo    JOINED: 8/30/09    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 2/24/10 9:09 AM

I second Clovis at Conte's VA being awesome.

pgfde121's ravatar pgfde121    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 236
POSTED: 2/24/10 11:41 AM

Clovis did Courts fit and seemed to do a great job, I was just there with Paul Hoover...another great addition to the Conte's team. Paul has his MS in biomechanics and worked in the speed lab at UVA. Great guy to talk to and so far so good...of course with any fit, you're liable to need some minor adjustments depending how far off you are. Fit techs often will move you in small increments so as not to distrupt everything...

If you're in the Alexandria area and want to hit up Spokes, Etc. you can see Marc Walowac. He's been doing fits for our team for years, before the advent of the computer/video models. Just for fun they compared a few of his old school (and cheaper usually) fits to the newest stuff...he was dead on every time...

SSPT    JOINED: 5/28/09    POSTS: 82
POSTED: 2/24/10 1:04 PM

I am happy to see that others have recommended Sports and Spinal Physical Therapy. If you choose to call us, the staff therapist with the most cycling experience we have is Sonya Evers, PT, COMT, MS. She is not only a physical therapist who can evaluate the knee, but also an accomplished cyclist. She will assess not just the knee mobility and strength but also the flexibility around the hip ankle and trunk. She will then look at you on the bike and make the necessary adjustments and recommendations. She will also instruct you with certain strengthening, stretching and balance exercise that will help with the rehabilitation. Feel free to call if you have any questions or concerns.

SSPT
202-463-7611

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria