Fullsuit:

Vortex 3 vs Vector Pro X2

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks so much for the support

-Trevor

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 403
RE: Xterra wetsuit comparison
POSTED: 1/10/11 2:29 PM

Also, hopefully someone will read this, that the club coupon for Xterra is no longer valid...

ferguson's ravatar ferguson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 221
POSTED: 1/11/11 9:31 AM

Trevor- I worked for Xterra this past year. Without getting too technical (you can find all that stuff on the website anyway), the Vortex 3 is a great entry level wetsuit for the money... there's not another wetsuit on the market that can touch it at that price point. The Vector Pro X2 is a huge step up in materials, construction, and overall quality.

If you're new to triathlon, only do 1-2 races per season, or just do sprint / Olympic distance races, the Vortex 3 will work just fine.

If you're going long, you have a heavy race schedule, or you're looking to take your racing to the next level, I would highly recommend the Vector Pro X2.

My only non-Xterra recommendation would be the Orca Alpha or Orca 3.8 but you'll spend twice the money to get a wetsuit on par with the Vector Pro X2.

The only reason Xterra wetsuits are so cheap is because they sell direct to the athlete... no distributor or retailer markups... so don't let the price mislead you. They are every bit as good or better than any other product on the market.

Hope that helps!

-Ferguson

KingsPoint2001's ravatar KingsPoint2001    JOINED: 11/2/09    POSTS: 99
POSTED: 1/11/11 11:47 AM

I'll also add that Xterra has excellent customer service in my opinion. When I had an issue with size of the wetsuit I bought being too large, I got to talk to an actual person on the phone and they shipped out another wetsuit that day. They even called me back to ensure I received it and it was ok. It blew me away they did that. I was originally hesitent to buy because I couldn't try it on in the store, but their exchange policy is great.

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 403
POSTED: 1/11/11 11:52 AM

Thanks, both of ya! I'm going to give the V3 a try since I'm not incredible yet, and may upgrade next year to the Pro model.

It's very encouraging to hear they have good customer support, as I had similar hesitation about ordering blindly. Decided on a men's medium (5'8'', 175 lbs).

Really appreciate the support!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria