Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

HELP***Stolen Cannondale bicycle 9/27/12 (Clarendon) (Arlington)
CREATED: 09/28/12 by mmerson REPLIES: 5
mmerson's ravatar mmerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 57
HELP***Stolen Cannondale bicycle 9/27/12 (Clarendon) (Arlington)
POSTED: 9/28/12 12:28 AM

HELP -- My black Cannondale Bad Boy hybrid was stolen from the Clarendon Metro today between 10:10 am and 12:20 pm while I went downtown for a medical appointment. The thief cut through two locks directly under an omnidirectional Metro camera, which I'm told is difficult for the cops to get to see.

Right on the plaza at lunchtime. Wow! Brazen. It's a black bike with airbrushed grey gargoyles with red eyes on the front and seat tubes. My sons were counting on inheriting that bike. I did all my weekday Kona training on it and I feel as if I've lost a limb.

If any of you crack bike ring breakers see it anywhere, or if you have any pointers for me on how to get it back, please let me know. I am very sad :-(

HELP note with photos posted on Craig's List. Thank you!

dhops's ravatar dhops    JOINED: 7/12/12    POSTS: 96
RE: HELP***Stolen Cannondale bicycle 9/27/12 (Clarendon) (Arlington)
POSTED: 9/28/12 8:13 AM

Hi there,

It's Deb - I'm the lucky one who got my bike back. So you've filed a police report and have a serial number, right?

Here are a few things you might want to try:

- Check Philly and Baltimore Craigslist (a lot of stolen bikes from here end up there)

- Stop in and check the Crown Pawnbrokers and Gold Exchange. They're supposed to hang on to bikes for 30 days before selling them. Supposed to...

- Also, hit me up via email for another great tip I don't want to post on here, because it involves a DC business and I don't want to get anyone in trouble unnecessarily. I'm debbiehopkins at hotmail dot com.

Good luck!

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 9/28/12 8:18 AM

That stinks! The Bad Boy is a nice bike, but Cannondale came out w/ a women's specific bike this year, Bad Girl.

Out of curiosity, what type of locks were the 2 locks? Cable, U-, chain, other? The thieves may be using mechanical saws, so they can chop them off very quickly.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1655
POSTED: 9/28/12 11:46 AM

MM: I'm sending you my file of handy bike theft response tips. And talk to Dhops--she just helped break up a bike ring.

mmerson's ravatar mmerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 57
POSTED: 9/29/12 2:01 PM

Thanks to all of you. No luck with recovery yet but working on it. Really happy to see the Bad Girls, Lisa, because while that won't replace my glowing red-eyed gargoyles, one of those ladies will go a long way to making me feel better at Christmas. Ed and Deb - both of you sent fantastic ideas. If only I were able to work at this full time, I might actually find my bike! But Im trying. Many many thanks. It's the weirdest thing ... how many times in the last few days I've said I'll ride over and ..... and then realized I can't. OK. Heading over to the FitArlington Youth Fitness Fair at Jefferson right now and will bring my sliced locks for an exhibition! Thank you all!

jxjia's ravatar jxjia    JOINED: 8/13/12    POSTS: 95
POSTED: 9/30/12 10:49 AM

Sounds like a gorgeous bike and really sorry it's stolen. You may also want to check eBay and other online trading sites. Good luck in Kona though!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria