DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

DC Tri Club is hiring!
CREATED: 01/20/13 by rtroll REPLIES:
rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 497
DC Tri Club is hiring!
POSTED: 1/20/13 7:30 AM

Hello DC Tri -

I am very excited to announce that after many years of contemplating hired help for the club, we are finally in a position to hire a part-time contractor who will support our operations and help us carry out our mission. I'd like to share some perspective on why we are making this decision and how it will benefit all.

Our club was founded in 2002 by a visionary group of triathletes who had a clear mission: foster camaraderie among local triathletes and build interest in the sport of triathlon throughout the region. 10 years later, we still hold true to this mission and it's more alive than ever. In just 10 short years we have gone from a small group of pioneers to (as I write this) 1370 active members, making us the 3rd largest club (by the numbers) in the USA but by far the most active.

We have seen our programs explode in popularity, attracting new faces every year. The number of organized social and training events we offer is growing. Our training ambassadors are leading some of the most well attended weekly workouts in town. We are cultivating more relevant and exciting partnerships. We have claimed countless titles on the local, National, and International level. And the list goes on.

All of these member benefits and achievements do not come without some elbow grease. We have one of the most hard working, dedicated team of volunteer leaders and professionals around. Starting with the Board of Directors (the club's leadership team elected by you), our program leads, co-leads, and coaches, our social event coordinators, our training ambassadors, our training event leads, our kit & gear distributor, our web team, and on and on and on.

Hiring a staff person for the club is a natural progression in our growth and pursuit to best serve our members and to fulfill our mission. With the complexity and sheer number of offerings within our club increasing and the demands by our members growing, we need to ensure that we can keep pace with many of the day-to-day challenges our volunteer leaders are faced with. I hope this decision is met with support and that we find the right person to become the club's first hired help.

To learn more and apply for this position, please click here>>

As always, happy training & racing!

Ryan & the Board of Directors

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria