Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Masters Swim Group -- Georgetown Prep in Bethesda
CREATED: 08/31/09 by beth h REPLIES: 7
beth h    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 12
New Masters Swim Group -- Georgetown Prep in Bethesda
POSTED: 8/31/09 4:47 PM

There is a new Curl Burke masters swim group starting September 15th at Georgetown Prep in North Bethesda. I need to get confirmation, but I believe the swim times will be:

5:45 - 7:00 am Tues and Thurs
6:00 - 7:30 pm Mon, Fri and Sun
8:00 - 9:15 pm Wed

Georgetown Prep has a new aquatics center that is supposed to be very nice and is located on Rockville Pike (Route 355) just north of Grosvenor Metro.

Many D.C. Tri club members swim with Curl Burke at Amer. Univ. and through the years Curl Burke has been very interested in attracting and accommodating triathletes. For example, they are thinking of offering a clinic series during the Sunday workout.

I believe the quarterly cost will be very reasonable, but I want to get confirmation about that as well. Hopefully, an announcement will be made mid-week and I can confirm the price and swim times then.

Enjoy the fabulous training weather!
Beth

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
RE: New Masters Swim Group -- Georgetown Prep in Bethesda
POSTED: 8/31/09 10:06 PM

Awesome! I was just about to bump the old post and find out what the deal was.
Good hours and a new pool. Who's going to be running the show?
Thanks for the info Beth!
-Jason

POSTED: 9/03/09 5:25 PM

I don't which coaches from Curl Burke are going to be running the masters program. I had hoped to get an official announcement about the program yesterday, but still waiting. I'll pass along any additional information as I receive it.

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 458
POSTED: 9/10/09 7:15 AM

This would be great. It looks like the Navy Hospital pool will close for good next month and the new gym is not planned to open until 2011. So... I need to find a new place to swim.

POSTED: 9/10/09 1:27 PM

I've received word that this masters group is definitely starting Monday evening, September 14th around 6:00. The exact times have not been set. For those who are interested, but are unfamiliar with the layout of Georgetown Prep, I can send you a map. Just e-mail me at beth.handler@gmail.com. I can also e-mail you when the final schedule is set. They did confirm that the group will swim Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday evenings, and Tues and Thurs mornings. They are just trying to nail down the exact swim times.

The cost will be $75 a month with no initiation fee and no team dues. Everyone will need to be a member of the US Masters Swim program. I also believe there will be some exchange privileges with the Curl Burke AU program.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1302
POSTED: 9/10/09 1:57 PM

Hmm ... did not think that anyone would call my bluff but apparently somebody has :)

Now is as good a time as any to learn how to swim. I will come and I will like it if it kills me. I will now use my food allowance for the privilege of drinking water through my nose.

I'm in.

Tuan

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 9/10/09 3:23 PM

Wow, we will be graced with the presence of Royalty?! Now I'm definitely in. Perhaps this will be the end of vertical swimming (as we know it).

This could be fun if half the pool is taken up with triathletes.
-Jason

RE: New Masters Swim Group -- Georgetown Prep in B
POSTED: 9/16/09 11:51 AM

Tuan, so sorry to hear about your accident. Recover quickly, rest up and give it another go.

Here is the current practice schedule for the new masters group at Georgetown Prep. The group is up and running, so drop by. The cost is $75 a month. If you need additional information, e-mail me at beth.handler@gmail.com.

TRAINING SCHEDULE:

Mondays 6 - 7:30 pm...4 lanes
Tuesdays 5:30 - 7 am ...6 lanes
Wednesdays 8 - 9:15 pm...4 lanes
Thursdays 5:30 - 7 am...6 lanes
Fridays 6 - 7:30 pm and 7:30 - 9 pm...3 lanes
Saturdays No Workout
Sundays 5:45 - 7:15 pm...4 lanes

Congratulations to everyone who finished Nations and Reston.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria