DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4   Next Page

Sunday Bike Ride With The Veritical Swimmer - Year Trois
CREATED: 03/01/11 by dsgrunning REPLIES: 61
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
RE: Sunday Bike Ride With The Veritical Swimmer - Year Trois
POSTED: 3/02/11 9:53 AM

Sad, sad Wisconsin. :(

PS: I am "the power that be" with respect to the link, and I have finally fixed it. :)

--Abby
Friendly Neighborhood Training Coordinator

xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 3/02/11 10:37 AM

I'm interested but I think I'm in the 4 ball group. I bike 15 mph on a good day.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1714
POSTED: 3/02/11 11:13 AM

All this bawdy talk about cojones. Does this have anything to do with the "sizing kit" that the club shop is now touting?

spleary's ravatar spleary    JOINED: 8/17/10    POSTS: 73
POSTED: 3/02/11 11:50 AM

Looking forward to some rides. I'm in!

jdruke's ravatar jdruke    JOINED: 9/2/10    POSTS: 64
POSTED: 3/02/11 1:47 PM

I'm in! I live two blocks away - can I roll up in PJs?

erdonoh2's ravatar erdonoh2    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 3/02/11 10:07 PM

I'm in...rolling with the sweeper group.

Swigart's ravatar Swigart    JOINED: 5/16/10    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 3/03/11 9:15 AM

Chastity belt?? Hm, I suppose pent up energy would produce stronger cycling....

I'll be back on the bike after my 50k in 4 weeks!

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 3/03/11 11:27 AM

We're in!

consoldane's ravatar consoldane    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 3/03/11 3:56 PM

Count the Italian in!

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 491
POSTED: 3/03/11 4:00 PM

The riding orange buoy is in.

rbenig1's ravatar rbenig1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 26
POSTED: 3/03/11 4:25 PM

So when mine finally drop, you can count me in as well ;-)

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1287
RE: Sunday Bike Ride With The Veritical Swimmer
POSTED: 3/18/11 7:22 AM

Hey Guys/Gals,

I sent out the cue sheet and ride details to my distro list yesterday. If you didn't get it then you were either inadvertently left off of my distro list or you never emailed your email address.

If you did not get my email, please check your spam folder or drop me an email so that you can be added. Below was what I sent out yesterday. Since this is our first ride, I will post it here. All subsequent details will be released to the email distro list only.

Tuan

===========================================
SUNDAY BIKE RIDE WITH THE VERTICAL SWIMMER
Star Date: Week 1
===========================================

Gentlemen ... do you know what time it is? It is the time of year that you get bring out your favorite carbon cup. Yep ... project sterilization begins this Sunday.

Ladies ... do you know what time it is? It is the one of two times per year (the other being Halloween) that you get to go up into the attic and bring down that chastity belt. Yep. It's the return of the Sunday Bike Ride with the Vertical Swimmer.

Enough with the pleasantries, now on to business. Our first ride is this Sunday. Since we last rode with each other, I have become my worst nightmare ... a fat Vietnamese with one testicle. I have brought great shame to the Nguyen Dynasty. What does this mean? It means that you bike Nazis need to not go so fast this first week. Don't be dropping me on the first hill leaving GTown. Save that for week deux.

I have seen a lot of facebook postings from some of you people. Some of you people were doing 1, 2, and 3 hour spin sessions over the offseason. Some of you have even braved the sub freezing temperatures to ride outside. Don't you folks have anything better to do with your time than to find new and creative ways to work harder so that you can drop me? Is having a Vietnamese suck on your wheels that burdensome? IS IT!?!!! What have I ever done to you people but to give you a part of my soul?

==============
MEETING SPOT
==============

With daylight savings time, cold temp, and the alignment of Jupiter to Pluto, let's plan on meeting a bit later than we usually do. Let's meet at M and Wisconsin at 8:30 AM. Many of us ride our bikes to the meeting spot so the extra time will allow us to do so with some daylight and warmth.

For those who have never done this ride, you can drive to Gtown or ride your bikes to our meeting spot. Parking is free on Sundays so park anywhere in the streets near the intersection of M and Wisconsin. There is a bank at that corner. We all hang out at that bank's parking lot. If you are literally at that corner, you may not see us so go up about 15 yards on Wisconsin and you will see the parking lot and cyclists chilling out.

==============
PEASANTMAN
==============

Have you guys heard of this race called PeasantMan? I hear it's what all of the cool kids are doing these days. At the bottom of this message is our complete ride schedule for the entire season. If you look at it closely, you will notice that the ride before PeasantMan is a 100 miler ... code name: "The Columbia Sterilization Project" to coincide with the Columbia bricknic. Since we will not be riding from Gtown on PeasantMan weekend, you can sign up for PeasantMan and use PeasantMan as a brick weekend or step back ride. Use the lake to do your practice open water swim.

PeasantMan occurs at the site of Kinetic. You can get your mileage in by riding the PeasantMan oly course x number of times or ride the Kinetic course x number of time. When you are done, there will be lots of free food, drinks, and camaraderie afterward. Kinetic is also the week after PeasantMan. This is the perfect opportunity for you to come to PeasantMan and check out the course the week prior.

Some of you folks are NTP mentors. Many of the NTPers, including perhaps your mentee, will be there. You can use this opportunity to help out your mentee. If you have not done, so please tell your mentee to do this event as it is a great prep for the DC Triathlon in June. This will sell out so act quickly. It's only $29.99 and I am not even charging you the Viet Cong tax on this one.

Did I also mentioned free GTown cupcakes will be available to all finishers? If you act fast, I will even throw in something special for you ... well, not really but I could.

To register for the event go to http://www.highcloud.org/peasantman.

I have opened up registration early so that you all can get a jump start on the competition. Officially, registration opens at 10:00 AM today. For you, it is opened right now. Please remember this act of kindness when I mercilessly suck on your wheels this weekend.

==================
CUE SHEET
==================

As a reminder, please bring the cue sheet with you every week. This is a dropped ride. We'll try to regroup every now and then but obviously people will be riding at different speeds. It will be impossible to keep the group together throughout the 60 mile ride.

My cell number is 301-613-3972. Use it if you can't find the meeting spot in the morning or need SAG support. Keep in mind that if you have a major mechanical issue that requires a car ride that my car is 8 miles from GTown.

Ride at you own speed and find a smaller sub group to hang with. My only responsibilities are to give you the cue sheets and the entertainment. Your responsibilities are everything else. It's a 60 mile ride this week (100 on some weeks) so bring enough nutrition or money to purchase nutrition to last that long. Most of our routes go out to the boonies and gas stations do not come by often.

60 Miles Travilah
--------------------
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/dc/washington/926124888526131286
R Wisconsin (0.0)
L Resevoir Rd (@~0.5)
R MacArthur Blvd (@~2.1)
R Falls Rd (@~12.6)
L River Rd (@~14.7)
R Travilah Rd (@~19.8)
turn slight R to stay on Travilah at Turkey Foot intersection (@~22)
L Darnestown Rd (Rte 28) (@~25.2)
L Seneca Rd (Rte 112) (@~30.8)
becomes River Rd (@~33.6)
stay on River Rd. until the Partnership Rd intersection (@35)

TURN AROUND
River Rd (112)
R on 190 to stay on River Rd (@~36.5)
R Falls Rd (@~44.5)
L MacArthur Blvd (@~46.5)
L Resevoir Rd (@~57.9)
R Wisconsin (@~58.6)
Home base @59.44

============================
SILVER SPRING EXPRESS TRAIN
============================

The Silver Spring Express train will meet at picnic area #10 on Beach Drive at 7:50 AM with a departure time of 7:55 AM. Let's casually ride down to Gtown this time ... and by casual I don't mean 25 mph like some of you children of Satan want to do.

Squirrel Nation of Rock Creek ... Vietnamese #1 is back and he hasn't had deep fried squirrel tails in over a year. Oh yeah, it's on again!

====================
THE ENTIRE SCHEDULE
====================

Mar 20
60 miles

Mar 27
70 miles

Apr 03
80 miles

Apr 10
Vietnamese Century

Apr 17
60 miles

Apr 24
70 miles

May 01
The Columbia Sterilization Project:
100 miles - 4x around the Columbia Tri bike route.

May 08
PeasantMan

May 15
60 miles

May 22
70 miles

May 29
80 miles

June 5
The Eagaleman Rebellion Ride - 100 miles
This is my way of giving the Eagleman folks the Vietnamese one finger salute for making me swim without a wetsuit last year. Yes, I know that Eagalman is the following week but don't question my Vietnamese logic.

June 12

June 19
70 miles

June 26
80 miles

Jul 03
Ironman Vietnam

Jul 10
60 miles

Jul 17 -- Last ride of the season
45 miles

Just another humble member of royalty,
Tuan

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 184
POSTED: 3/18/11 9:23 AM

Tuan,

Unfortunately, I will not be there for the 60 miler. So you won't have me pushing you from behind this week. Good luck getting up the hills.

Brad.

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 454
POSTED: 3/18/11 12:40 PM

I am heading down to Virginia Beach for the marathon on Sunday. Have a great ride and I'll see you next weekend.

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 3/18/11 12:51 PM

Will also be missing this Sunday, same as Kev7
Bib 2284, corral 3.

tdn9999's ravatar tdn9999    JOINED: 7/16/09    POSTS: 49
POSTED: 3/18/11 3:53 PM

In

Giovanni    JOINED: 2/23/11    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 3/19/11 8:36 PM

Hello,
I'm new to sport and the club.
I'd like to catch the Silver Spring express. Can you tell me where is picnic area #10.
Thanks!

sportsbrajen's ravatar sportsbrajen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 42
RE: Sunday Bike Ride With The Veritical Swimmer
POSTED: 3/19/11 8:47 PM

Here's a link to the RCP map http://www.nps.gov/rocr/planyourvisit/upload/ROCRmap1.pdf. Will also be joining the SS express

Giovanni    JOINED: 2/23/11    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 3/19/11 9:29 PM

Thanks! I'll see you tomorrow. (I'll be that fat guy with the white kuota road bike )

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1714
POSTED: 3/20/11 1:18 PM

Not saying it was windy and cold on the ride, but Dr. Kara mistakenly treated Jen Werner's goosebumps as a bad case of the measles....

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria