Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Nike Women's Half Marathon Race Entry
CREATED: 04/09/13 by ANguyen07 REPLIES: 9
ANguyen07's ravatar ANguyen07    JOINED: 1/16/11    POSTS: 9
Nike Women's Half Marathon Race Entry
POSTED: 4/09/13 10:15 PM

I have a friend who's injured and can't race in the Nike Women's Half Marathon anymore on 4/28. She's looking for someone to take her race entry ($140). I'm already racing in the event, but any takers? The finisher's medal is a Tiffany's necklace. :)

- Anh

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 403
RE: Nike Women's Half Marathon Race Entry
POSTED: 4/10/13 8:34 AM

Hello! That's terrible that your friend is injured and will have to pass up the opportunity for a fun race.

However, in accordance with the Club Code of Ethics, we can't allow the unauthorized sale or transfer of bibs on the Club website. The Nike Women's Half Marathon has a no transfer policy, and therefore members may not conduct the sale or transfer of bibs here on the forum.

I hope you can understand our position, which is to maintain the integrity of the Club's relationship not only with official partners, but with with the rest of the sporting community as well.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at communications@dctriclub.org

conartist's ravatar conartist    JOINED: 1/31/12    POSTS: 54
POSTED: 4/10/13 9:17 AM

The war on bib transfers continues. Opening up a huge black market for the nefarious sellers who wish to weasil their way out of race fees. Of course, the cavalier nature of such transferring can lead to side effects such as; massive guilt- induced spirals of depression, pictures that don't look like YOU in the race results, banishment from affiliated clubs, and of course the predatory nature of the underground market that leaves consumers vulnerable to people like the Craigslist killer (among other more despicable creatures like draft-packers I keep reading about on slowtwich).

We must have RULES! CODEs of conduct! Ethics! We are law-abiding citizens after all, are we not? Obey I say. Or off with thy head. You are not just a DC triathlete, but a representative of this distinguished and acclaimed club and must abide by its governing body decrees.

Just kidding I love this club and acquiesce to all of its newfound sponsorships and agreements. Really i do :). Keep up the great work guys.

-signed,
club anarchist

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 206
POSTED: 4/10/13 11:40 AM

You're such a conartist, conor shapiro

conanarchist

good job at Cherry blossom by the way

-Andy Sovonick of Gaithersburg

POSTED: 4/10/13 11:45 AM

And by the way, $140 for a half marathon??? geez

POSTED: 4/10/13 12:21 PM

ha, thanks buddy. same to you. If you heard someone yell 'GOOOO ANDDDAAYYYYYY!' around the 5k mark that was me (on opposite side of street obviously). Did the same to Chris Sloane too. Except not 'Goooo ANNDDAYYY' cuz that would be weird.

And yes, you get a dam tiffany's necklace!

POSTED: 4/10/13 12:30 PM

Yup I heard you but was busy being confused as to why Mike Wardian was only 25 meters in front of me. Don't worry, I wasn't thinking "Wow, I'm doing great", rather "Uh oh, what the hell is wrong with him?".

You can yell GO ANDAAY at Sloane. Confuse him, then I have a shot at beating him. You know, just a few years ago I was beating him.

Sigh.

POSTED: 4/10/13 12:46 PM

in other words, you'll be saying the same thing about me in a couple more seasons??? haha in my dreams. sloane is absolutely flying. my lawd. i bet you were tops for tri dudes.

I didn't know Wardian was running - cool stuff.

btw, I am still overcoming my fear of hills and may register for columbia. are you doing any pre-rides w/ mcgrath or the like anytime soon?? would like to partake..maybe we can get a thread going?

POSTED: 4/10/13 12:53 PM

Undeniable proof: http://www.mcrrc.org/mcrrc-capital-crescent-5k-bethesda-md-0

Don't get faster than me (at running), please.

I like this thread better... no Columbia for me. I haven't ridden my bike in months. I think this club has a Columbia ride or brick thing scheduled a week or two out from race day. Ryan is doing the race, you might want to check with him when he's riding. After Boston I'm taking a month off so I'm useless to you, sorry.

POSTED: 4/10/13 1:12 PM

so my chances of higher AG placement just went up considerably with that tidbit of info.! okay, i'll reach out to ryan.

go kick some butt in boston. hope it's not 100 degrees or whatever like it's been before.

let me know when you return to the bike.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria