Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

2014/2015 Board Nominations
CREATED: 09/30/13 by rtroll REPLIES: 8
rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 507
2014/2015 Board Nominations
POSTED: 9/30/13 9:54 PM

The DC Triathlon Club is seeking five (5) motivated candidates for the 2014 Board of Directors to join the five (5) current Board members serving out their second year of a two-year term. This was a great year for the DC Triathlon Club and this is your opportunity to make the future of the club even better. We encourage all interested candidates to nominate themselves for Board membership. A club-wide vote will determine the five members who will join the 10-member Board.

The incoming Board members will join the following members completing their term:

• Ryan Troll
  • Bryan Frank
  • Trevor Albert
  • Nik Pleisch
  • Adam Stolzberg

As a point of reference for those submitting a nomination, please consider the following roles when preparing your nomination platform. **Officers and final position assignments will be determined at the December Board meeting**

• President: Role sets the overall vision and direction of the club.
  • Vice-President/Head Of Operations: Role oversees the day to day operations of the club including volunteer and resource management.
  • Treasurer/Head Of Finances: Role oversees the fiscal management of the club.
  • Secretary/Head Of Membership: Role serves as the club's Head of Membership Services.
  • Director, Programs: Role provides strategic and operational oversight to the club's growing portfolio of training programs (i.e. NTP, HIP, Masters, etc)
  • Director, Partnerships & Outreach: Role cultivates new and existing partnerships and oversees the integration of partner benefits into the club
  • Director, Racing: Role sets and manages the overall direction of the club's training racing series (i.e. training tri's, duathlons, etc) and featured club races
  • Director, Training: Role oversees the club's training ambassador's program, weekly schedule workouts, and training events (i.e. bricnic's, training weekends, etc)
  • Director, Marketing & Communications: Role oversees and manages the club's internal communications and external marketing initiatives
  • Director, Club Events: Role oversees and manages club events (i.e. happy hours, special events, member-only events, etc)

The guidelines for Club members who would like to run for a Board position:

• You must be a paid member for the 12-month period prior to elections, or receive a unanimous vote from the current Board, to be eligible to run
  • The term is a two year commitment (2014 and 2015) to the Board
  • You should expect to commit time for Club duties as well as participate in a mandatory monthly meeting.

If you would like to nominate yourself, please post here and let us know why you are a good candidate (e.g., what you have done for the Club, relevant experience that will help to make you an effective Board member, what you would like to see happen in 2014). You must post by 11:59 pm on October 21 if you would like to be considered. Responses to this thread should only be to announce yourself as a candidate. Please send any questions to president@dctriclub.org.

Elections will be held via electronic ballot from October 22nd through 11:59p November 4th. The new Board members will be notified on November 8th and the new Board will be announced at the Annual Meeting on November 16th.

Ryan Troll
President, DC Triathlon Club

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 983
RE: 2014/2015 Board Nominations
POSTED: 10/07/13 9:28 PM

Things that go BUMP in the night.

jbauer    JOINED: 1/1/11    POSTS: 76
POSTED: 10/17/13 11:32 PM

Hello DC Tri,

I'm Justin Bauer and asking for your vote for the 2014 DC Tri Club Board of Directors.

I joined the club in 2011 and have learned an incredible amount from many awesome members. To pay back what others have given to me, I stepped up to volunteer at brick-nics, training tris, and other club events. I've assisted Adam Stolzberg with the training ambassador program this year, and would like to continue this in an official capacity as the Director of Training on the board.

Here are some of the items that I would like to see happen in 2014:

• Enhance the website training and events calendar to allow club members to subscribe to events and import them into their personal calendar of choice (think Google or Outlook calendar integration). I can’t take credit for this idea, but I would like to make this happen. As a computer programmer/software developer, I have the technical knowledge to help drive this idea forward.
  • Improve the website search function. For example, the last post date should be returned in the forum search results so that a user doesn’t have to view the thread to determine if it is outdated.
  • Start a workout library to make it easier for our members to step up as training ambassadors and lead workouts.
  • Help members meet their training goals so that they’ll meet their racing goals. I want to hear from members and do what I can to implement their ideas.

I would love the opportunity to represent and serve you on the 2014 board.

Thank you for your consideration and vote,
Justin Bauer

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 10/21/13 12:48 AM

Hello DC TRI!

I'm Abby Sanford, and I'm asking for your vote for another term on the Club's Board of Directors. I am the current Club Vice President, serving my third year on the Board. I would be honored to continue to serve you.

I've served as the club's training coordinator, the Director of Member Services, and the VP of Operations in my three years with the Board. I have learned so much in these three years about how to make things happen for our members, and I would like to contribute my expertise for another term. Some of my previous contributions include:

-Coordinating a Gear Panel, including a thorough evaluation of available race gear, then initiating and facilitating continued contracts with our new vendor, Louis Garneau
-Organizing and cataloging the Club's inventory to support activities like BrickNics and races
-Hosting the first-ever Volunteer Meeting
-Initiating the New Member Orientation Sessions
-Initiating the Training Ambassador Program

For 2014 and beyond, I would like to help the club with the following:

--Conducting a member survey to determine what benefits interested YOU the most
--Intiating a Member Grant Program, where members can propose training or social activities they wish to produce and apply for club support
--Continued improvement in volunteer organization
--More "RAH RAH" for club featured races, such as ITU Chicago (let's go!!!!) and Mid-Atlantic Championships

I absolutely love serving this club, and I would be honored to have your vote one more time to serve on the Board of Directors.

Go DC Tri!

Abby Sanford
2013 Vice President

ecorona's ravatar ecorona    JOINED: 1/21/11    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 10/21/13 1:24 PM

Hi DC Tri Members,

My name is Elizabeth Corona. I would like to join the DC Tri Club Board of Directors in order to more formally provide support and encouragement to the triathlon community. Please consider voting for me in the upcoming 2014/2015 elections.

In 2011, a wily friend convinced me to sign up for the Club's New Triathlete Program (NTP). I immediately fell in love with the sport, and the warm and happy people who were there to support me as I learned (occasionally the hard way) the ins and outs of triathlon. Since that time, I have sought out ways to give back to the community, such as by volunteering at events, cheering on Club members at various races, and occasionally joining new NTP classes on training runs.

My professional experience in stakeholder engagement and organizational development will enable me to assist with a range of Board activities. I also have experience serving on membership and communications committees for several different organizations. Additionally, I have successfully planned numerous fund-raising and other large group events.

Looking to the future, I would like to help the Club:
- Get more new members involved in volunteer activities;
- Find creative ways to get some of the Club's peripheral members to participate in social and training activities;
- Increase family attendance at Club events and encourage members to get their kids involved in youth triathlon;
- Further develop peer-to-peer learning opportunities and small group connections for training with people who live or work near you; and
- Transition athletes from the NTP program into the broader tri community (e.g. organize a "What Next?" workshop for NTPers to learn about next steps after the program ends).

I'm very excited about this opportunity to broaden my involvement in the DC Tri Club, and look forward to contributing in whatever way I can to the Club's success.

Thank you in advance for your consideration and vote!
Elizabeth

jennism's ravatar jennism    JOINED: 1/22/12    POSTS: 57
POSTED: 10/21/13 8:36 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Meaghan Jennison and I would be honored to be considered for a Board position.

I am a fairly new member of the DC Tri Club, but have thrown myself full-force into the sport and the Club. I joined DC Tri in the winter of 2011-2012 after having moved to DC the prior summer. A lifelong athlete, I figured the Club was a great way to meet people in a new city and to find a new hobby to fill my time! Little did I know that I would fall in love with triathlon and that Club members would become some of my best friends. I joined the New Triathlete Program that spring, completed 4 Olys that season, and drove up to Lake Placid with two other NTPers to volunteer at and register for Ironman Lake Placid. I had several injuries last fall, but the Club's off-season programs kept me in good spirits. With Club members at my side as training partners and consummate supporters, I trained for and finished Ironman Lake Placid this July. DC Tri is an integral part of my life, and has truly changed my life.

The Club has given me so much, and I simply want to try and give some back by serving on the Board. I would love to focus on membership and making everyone feel like the Club is their home. A couple of ideas I have for pulling existing and new members more fully into the Club include:

- Making mentoring available to anyone in the Club, pairing people who are working towards particular goals or struggling with certain things with those that have experience or expertise in those areas;

- Providing targeted "welcome to the Club!" events for new members so that they can meet members and experience all we have to offer (i.e. periodic new member happy hours, a few free Masters sessions, new member-targeted track workouts, etc); and

- Offering injury support groups, including small meet-ups to discuss alternative training methods and workout groups that do exercises accommodating of various injuries.

I really do just want to give back to this amazing group of people who have given me so much of their guidance, support, and time. Thank you for your consideration!

-Meaghan

ARN25's ravatar ARN25    JOINED: 1/18/13    POSTS: 40
POSTED: 10/21/13 9:17 PM

Hi DC Tri Club!

My name is Angela Norcross and I hope to serve on the 2014/2015 DC Tri Club Board of Directors. I've been a member of the club since January 2013 and joined at a friend's urging since I "participate in all the sports anyway." I was a member of the NTP 2013 class, never having competed or tried a triathlon prior to this year. A few bumps, bruises and a concussion later, I might now be considered a seasoned triathlete. For me though, the greater accomplishment is the friends I have made and relationships I have built with other club members, and the enjoyment and fun I feel in training with others.

I would greatly value the opportunity to give back to the club as a Board member by working on the following:
1) Increasing DC Tri club presence and partnerships with local races
2) Increasing participation in club relationship building events, including monthly happy hours (perhaps tying these more to a training opportunity as was done with the Shake Shack Run)
3) Advancing the visibility of DC Tri Club in the metro area and at races around the country.
4) Giving new triathletes the opportunity to try and learn about the sport in a positive, friendly environment.
5) Allowing club members who have an idea to run with it, implement it and organize it!

Thank you for your consideration and go DC Tri!
Angela

rbnmyers77's ravatar rbnmyers77    JOINED: 11/17/11    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 10/21/13 11:56 PM

Hi DC Tri!
My name is Robin Myers. I joined DC tri in 2006 with the New Triathlete Program and since then I have been hooked on triathlons and racing. I took a short break from the club when I moved out west for work but rejoined in 2011 as soon as I moved back to DC. Since I have been back, I have been involved in numerous programs that the club puts together. This club has not only helped me with my training but has created a great community which I really enjoy being a part of.

Over the past year, I was one of the co-leaders for the New Triathlete Program, helped run the Jamestown camping trip, volunteered at numerous club events and been an avid supporter/cheer squad of members at races. For NTP, I was the communication/web page lead, coordinator for the NTP Naylor Triathlon weekend, participated in the planning and conducting workshops, mentoring and somehow a Sherpa for all the club gear at those events. I would love to continue to give back by:

•Working to get more representation of partners and spotlighting them for club members to benefit from
•Finding ways to get more involvement of members in volunteering at club events , attending social gatherings, setting up training
•Help to set up more training weekends and club activities
•Help to enhance the onboarding package for all new members to the club for easy navigation of the site on club activities/events, how to get involved, programs, and races.

DC Tri has given me a lot of support, mentoring, encouragement and friendship and it is because of the people in this club that I want continue to help in any way I can. I have really enjoyed my time as a member and volunteer and I look forward to another great year.

Thank you for your consideration.
Robin

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 507
POSTED: 10/22/13 12:11 AM

Thank you everyone for the wonderful nominations. The nomination period is now closed. Voting will begin tomorrow via Ballot Bin. All active members will receive an email to the address we have on file to cast their vote. The final board members selected will be notified the week prior to our annual meeting.

Again, thank you all for your thoughtful nominations. This club has an amazing pool of talent and it's a great thing to see it at work.

Ryan
President, DC Tri Club

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria