DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike shops in the area
CREATED: 11/22/10 by Andr3w REPLIES: 3
Andr3w    JOINED: 11/22/10    POSTS: 6
Bike shops in the area
POSTED: 11/22/10 6:02 PM

Hi everyone,

New to the dc area and as well as traiathlons. I am looking to pick up a tri bike early 2011 and get fully fitted. Anyone have any recommendations on a bike shop to go to? I am on Andrews AFB.

Thanks.
Andrew

SeanG's ravatar SeanG    JOINED: 4/8/09    POSTS: 160
RE: Bike shops in the area
POSTED: 11/22/10 6:18 PM

Welcome to DC, Andrew from Andrews Air Force Base. Lots of great shops in the Georgetown area. Cycle Life, Bicycle Pro Shop and Revolution all have tri bikes, and all have fittings, although Cycle Life is a bit more scientific (and pricey) on their fitting. They all stock different brands, so you could do some good shopping all in the same neighborhood. I'd start with Cycle Life, they are better at taking time to talk with you. Good luck.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 708
POSTED: 11/23/10 9:38 AM

Bonzai in Falls Church carries pretty much only tri bikes and has a wider selection then most of the bike stores around. But maybe that has changed since I bought mine in 2007. You can google Bonzai and get the location, hours, product line, etc.

Andr3w    JOINED: 11/22/10    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 1/16/11 10:03 PM

Wow you were right about cycle life, Bike pro shops, and revolution cycles being in the same area lol. I went to cycle life today and then remembered that there was another shop in the area. Didn't know it was right behind cycle life lol. Walked to revolution cycles, and then saw bicycle pro shops right next to them. There was also a running store right next to bicycle pro shops. Unfortunately they didn't have the shoes I am wanting. Bike search continues!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria