Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Sandy Point - Wed. 9/2 sunrise swim
CREATED: 09/01/09 by wombat REPLIES: 5
wombat's ravatar wombat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 266
Sandy Point - Wed. 9/2 sunrise swim
POSTED: 9/01/09 12:10 PM

Anyone want to join me at Sandy Point tomorrow morning for a pre-work swim? According to its website, the park opens at 6 am. Sunrise is scheduled for 6:30 am. I am planning to arrive at 6:30 am, swim for an hour, then shower and head into DC for work. Anyone up for a sunrise swim?

Tammy

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1292
RE: Sandy Point - Wed. 9/2 sunrise swim
POSTED: 9/01/09 12:20 PM

Tammy,

Wed is my day to be one with nature at Sandy Point. Why don't you go to work in the morning like normal people and meet me there after work. I should be at Sandy Point by 4:30 PM

FYI: Just because it "opens" at sunrise does not mean that there will be a person at the gate to let you in. Many people, myself included, have a yearly pass. With that comes a card that will allow us to open the gate when no one is around to guard the gate and take people's money.

I've been there in the past where there were no gate attendants. You are left with waiting for a Park Ranger or some staff member to randomly pass by to let you in or a kind Vietnamese with the season gate card to let you in. I may just show up at 5:59 AM and be on the other side of the gate just to laugh at you tomorrow :)

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1047
POSTED: 9/02/09 11:46 AM

I would love to do a sunrise swim, but I have to be at work at 7:15am. Let me know if you are interested in swimming after work anytime in the next month. I could be there by 6pm. Just keep in mind that the Severn River Bridge and Bay Bridge traffic on rte. 50. -Hugh

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1292
POSTED: 9/02/09 11:57 AM

Hugh ... 6:00 PM in the fall can be dark but you can't see anything underwater anyway so I guessed sunlight is irrelevant :)

Outside of lightning and heavy rainstorms, I'm there every Wed by 4:30 PM. Rough waters won't deter me since any opportunities to swim in waves are pluses in my book. Today will be no exception. I'm usually there until 6:30 PM. It's my long swim day and it takes me 2 hours to swim 1000 meters :)

Come by on a Wed sometime. I could use an expert eye on how to swim ... period.

Tuan

itri_45    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 22
POSTED: 9/02/09 1:59 PM

What's the current jellyfish situation? Do I need to apply Safe Sea from head to toe? I plan to go on friday morning and it'll be my first time at Sandy Point.

Duc

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1047
POSTED: 9/02/09 2:38 PM

Tuan, I can't go these next two Wednesdays. Let me know if you go on another night. Because of coaching, I can't get there until 6pm. -Hugh

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria