Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Pools on Memorial Day
CREATED: 05/25/09 by steeredc REPLIES: 4
steeredc's ravatar steeredc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 14
Pools on Memorial Day
POSTED: 5/25/09 3:38 AM

does anyone know of any pools that are open on memorial day? sounds as if the Y (as well as the dc pools that i know of) is closed...

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 247
RE: Pools on Memorial Day
POSTED: 5/25/09 9:36 AM

I strongly suspect the Old Town Pool is open - it's an outdoor pool. Cost is $2 for residents.... heck, it's $2 period (I've never been asked for my ID).
The pool has 2-4 dedicated 25yard lap lanes. I swam laps Saturday and was the only one in the 4 lanes for the hour I was there.
I didn't check the schedule to see if it's open today, but I would think it is... you can find it online by searching Alexandria Parks & Recreation - large outdoor pools (or something like that).
Hours are 12-7 weekends for now (will open daily at noon in late June).
good luck.

steeredc's ravatar steeredc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 5/25/09 10:41 PM

thanks for the tip! the holiday + bad weather made this search even harder. i tried 3 before driving out to old town, but it ended up working out. i had a similar experience-- practically empty!

thanks again

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 247
POSTED: 5/26/09 9:07 AM

glad it worked out!
it's nice to be outside for swims...

kathryn    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 5/26/09 1:31 PM

Also the Hains Point pool opened this weekend too. And apparently it will be opened for an extensive season....closing around MCM weekend! That is an Olympic distance pool also so it's great. Open until 8pm weeknights except closed on Wednesdays...

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria