DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Question about total 200 route
CREATED: 03/19/10 by hodag91 REPLIES: 1
hodag91    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 4
Question about total 200 route
POSTED: 3/19/10 5:12 PM

Hi Guys,
I have never ridden the total 200 before (am thinking about it this time around), but I am thinking about riding apart of it this weekend; maybe pick up the route around mile 35-40 and go out about 60 miles and then back. My question is are there stores on the route? I will need to refill water and maybe get some food as go so it would be nice to know if there are gas stations or 7-11s up and down the route. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

hodag91    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 4
RE: Question about total 200 route
POSTED: 3/24/10 10:33 AM

After doing some googling I decided to go for the ride; there were plenty of gas stations and 7/11s up and down the route. It was interesting biking with high speed traffic while you are in your own massive bike lane. I chickened out though when I came across that long bride about 20 mile before the end. It just seems really sketchy to be by your self in a tiny shoulder while cars were blowing by you at high speed. Do people usually just hammer through it? Maybe it would be easier if there was a bigger group? Still thinking about the Total 200 this summer!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria