Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Monday Sandy Point THANK YOU!
CREATED: 05/25/09 by ashleynellis1 REPLIES: 16
ashleynellis1's ravatar ashleynellis1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
Monday Sandy Point THANK YOU!
POSTED: 5/25/09 11:28 AM

Thanks for the great coaching and fun times at the open water swim practice at Sandy Point this morning!

sschulman's ravatar sschulman    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
RE: Monday Sandy Point THANK YOU!
POSTED: 5/25/09 12:50 PM

Yes, thanks! It was invaluable -- I can't imagine doing a tri without that kind of practice -- and the great tips!

wombat's ravatar wombat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 266
POSTED: 5/25/09 1:09 PM

Thanks to everyone for showing up! I was not expecting such a large crowd. Special thanks to Melissa, Simon and Ed for helping!

Tammy

ppgodes's ravatar ppgodes    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 83
POSTED: 5/25/09 3:41 PM

Ditto...the DC Tri Club ROCKS!!!

I've struggled with open water, and today - I had a huge psychological breakthrough. Simon, thanks for your encouragement...I just needed to believe I could do it...

Tri Peeps are so awesome...a million times, thank you to everyone who instructed/supported/encouraged, and so nice to talk with others who were making their own break-throughs in the confidence department!

Paula

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1745
POSTED: 5/25/09 4:38 PM

Thanks to Tammy too for the pointers.

That's one fast group of new triathlete swimmers. Darn good form too!

dwitt616's ravatar dwitt616    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 5/25/09 8:48 PM

Thanks to the organizers and veterans for showing us the way.

Really, it was truly appreciated.

Anyone up for Round 2?

-Daniel

amiehwoods's ravatar amiehwoods    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 5/25/09 9:50 PM

Agreed...it really was great. Thanks so much to the organizers for all your hard work. Def up for round 2! Just say where and when.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 5/26/09 12:11 AM

the ntp people did very well in the swim today.

good clear instructions came from simon and ed.

Just stay calm, relax, and have faith in your training and you will all thoroughly enjoy race day and do well.

alya72's ravatar alya72    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 49
POSTED: 5/26/09 12:15 AM

Round 2-put June 20 on your calendars for the Lake Anna OWS clinic/ride/bbq. Glad you all had a great time!

Amy

fitdega    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 5/26/09 8:33 AM

Desperately seeking....a swim coach and my clothes! :) The OWS was....humbling but an important hurdle nonetheless. So I am really looking for some one-on-one swim coaching - anyone? Also, somehow lost my black drawstring capri pants and a white hooded top so please check your bags! Thanks to all the support and positive feedback, especially Ed and Simon!

mccannjl's ravatar mccannjl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
POSTED: 5/26/09 8:47 AM

well done everyone! great coaching and terrific organization--especially the aftertrip to Cantler's crab house! yum!!!! and great pope joke, too, hans!

trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 133
POSTED: 5/26/09 10:20 AM

agreed, many thanks for the instruction and encouragement! I'm definitely in for Round 2: Return of the Wetsuit.

POSTED: 5/26/09 10:27 AM

trisha were you wearing the desoto wetsuit there? if so what did you think of it?

thanks.

Justin

trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 133
POSTED: 5/26/09 11:12 AM

I like it, but I don't have much to compare it to. I think compared to other wetsuits it pulls on your shoulders less so your arms feel a bit more free and there's less neoprene-ride-up (I have short legs and a long torso, so the wetsuit I rented last time was...invasive and uncomfortable). And it's nice to have the flexibility of switching out short/long sleeves.

I can tell you the company was fantastic - I bought mine on sale from some random website and realized it was not returnable and the wrong size. I called Desoto, they were really helpful over the phone and they sent me a new one in the right size - no charge at all even though I didn't buy it from them in the first place and had worn the wrong one to the pool!

POSTED: 5/26/09 11:31 AM

thanks for the review was wondering how the sleevelss one was.

i have tehe long sleeve one and have to agree that the company is the best customer service there is.

cool thing is if you have a major complaint or compliment and ask to speak to emilio desoto, he will actually answer your call and/or call you back. that is something you never hear of.

ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 5/26/09 11:40 AM

Ditto on all of the previous posts-- great instruction and company yesterday! Hope to see you all again soon.

Erin

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 5/26/09 4:04 PM

Thanks to Tammy for organizing! Sharing in transformational travels together is worth it, and I am better for your company and thoughts. You are competent waterbugs with a gleam in your eyes. If you get a chance, volunteer to help your fellow triathletes at the many opportunities posted on our site. See ya out there, beyond where average folks dwell...
Simon

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria