Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Ironman 70.3 Pocono Mountains
CREATED: 10/04/10 by jameswilson REPLIES: 1
jameswilson's ravatar jameswilson    JOINED: 4/11/10    POSTS: 92
Ironman 70.3 Pocono Mountains
POSTED: 10/04/10 3:08 PM

I've been thinking about making this my "A" race for next year ever since I saw Hugh mention it in a post. But after reading a little more about the race, I'm having 2nd thoughts.

The average temp for race weekend is a high of 63 and low of 41. While running with a temp in low 60's sounds great, the thought of getting out of 60 degree water and cycling wet with a temp in the mid-40's is not pleasant.

Anyone have any experience with "cold" triathlons? Do you wear a jacket for the first half of the ride and toss it somewhere? How would this work? Basically I need someone to convince me that it won't be too cold to race.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1053
RE: Ironman 70.3 Pocono Mountains
POSTED: 10/05/10 12:43 PM

James, I don't think it'll be too cold, but that does depend on ones definition of 'cold'. After swimming in Lake CDA the past two years, I can handle those water temps you mentioned. For the bike, I would suggest arm warmers which I wore the first year.

The only dilemma I may have is with my coaching schedule. Ideally, it might be the best timing for me. Give me a shout if you sign up.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria