Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Travel advise
CREATED: 04/29/13 by jdubon3 REPLIES: 3
jdubon3's ravatar jdubon3    JOINED: 8/11/12    POSTS: 23
Travel advise
POSTED: 4/29/13 10:07 PM

I'm signed up to do IM Louisville and starting to look at the logistics of traveling there. I'm assuming that flying would be a lot more expensive since I'd have to ship the bike, although definitely more convenient...so drive or fly?

Hotel advise would be appreciated as well.

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 454
RE: Travel advise
POSTED: 4/30/13 6:58 AM

I drove to Louisville in 2011 when I did the Ironman. It took about 9-10 hours. I like driving so that I can haul all my gear.

Lots of hotels in downtown Louisville. I read posts on Slowtwich about getting cheap hotels on Priceline.com, but I never tried it. Instead I stayed outside of downtown in "Dutchman" at the Extended StayAmerice. The hotel is nothing special, but it has a kitchen and costed $50 + tax per night. The drive into downtown is real easy and there is plenty of parking. I know others in the Tri Club stayed in downtown.

dhops's ravatar dhops    JOINED: 7/12/12    POSTS: 103
POSTED: 4/30/13 8:23 AM

Hi there,

I also drove to Louisville for IM in 2011. I stayed in the Seelbach Hilton, which is a block from the finish line and about a mile from transition. Awesome hotel!

Good luck,
Deb

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 4/30/13 8:44 AM

I'll echo Kev and Debbie, driving is a pretty good option. You'll save a ton of cash-money, and you'll be able to track all of your stuff better. And you don't have to take your bike apart/put it back together once you get there.

Take the extra time off from work, drive down, and rock that race!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria