DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Clipless pedals?
CREATED: 04/06/09 by allisonacs REPLIES: 2
allisonacs    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 8
Clipless pedals?
POSTED: 4/06/09 12:27 AM

Hi all,
I'm looking to get out of my toe clips and into some clipless pedals for my bike.

Ideally, I think I'm probably in the market for SPD types, since I am a beginner and use my bike not just for racing but also for getting around the city, and I want to be able to either get shoes that are good for clipping in and walking in, or be able to get the snap over pedals so that I can just use regular shoes when not clipping in.

But, since beggars can't be choosers, if you have *any* clipless pedals that you're willing to sell, let me know!

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
RE: Clipless pedals?
POSTED: 4/06/09 9:48 AM

check your email.

triathed's ravatar triathed    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 5
RE: Clipless pedals?
POSTED: 4/06/09 5:25 PM

If you go with SPD you can get a flat plastic plate that goes over one side of the pedal to make a platform. They make a "campus" pedal but it weighs a ton and is wide so your cornering ability goes away. Crank Bros has Candy pedal which comes in a road and mtb version which has a fairly wide platform and is relatively light. There were some independent manufacturers that used to make a Time pedal compatible platform for duathletes that would allow you to have a flat pedal with a toe cage and then remove the lightweight insert for going clipless. Expect to spend about $100 for the pedal and don't forget the shoes. Also remember that mtb versus road cleats is 2-hole versus 3-hole, respectively, although some shoes can take either. Hope this helps.
Edward

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria