Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

2014 SAT Ride (weekly)
CREATED: 03/02/11 by siehndel REPLIES: 1748
bi4cate    JOINED: 1/22/12    POSTS: 4
RE: 2012 SAT Ride (weekly)
POSTED: 8/03/13 12:06 AM

Hey Pablo, the group meets in Georgetown at 7:30 - in the bank parking lot at the corner of Wisconsin and M.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1064
POSTED: 8/03/13 10:48 AM

Oops, set my alarm for 6:17 PM. That's not an effective way to wake up after an evening of margaritas.

Phortunately, Phil also overslept and kept me company a little later.

See you next week.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1064
POSTED: 8/06/13 9:25 AM

To clarify Trevor's reply, It's never too early to start discussing ICE CREAM!

I probably don't have time Saturday for the 80 miles with too many stops but would be down with riding that route with others that may have the same time restraints. I need to be home ~noon.

As you're planning your route, don't forget to check out some of the other roads out to P-Ville and beyond. I've been exploring out that way recently and have been riding on Sugarland, Elmer School Rd., Edward's Ferry Rd. and some of the other less trafficked roads. They're great. A good route to White's Ferry that mirrors the typical route can be found on this MAP »

It takes you through some of the quiet farm roads out there and is worth exploring if you are looking for a change from the regular route. You can still turn into Poolesville if you need a stop but there is also a small store at the Ferry if you need to resupply.

mlgibney's ravatar mlgibney    JOINED: 5/24/11    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 8/06/13 9:47 AM

I know it's a bit early to start talking about the Saturday ride already but just wanted to give everyone a heads up that a handful of B group riders are planning to do a White's Ferry loop ride on the 10th. We’ll head out from Georgetown as usual, then on to Poolesville and take the Ferry over to the VA side, riding back on the WOD. It works out to around 80 miles or so. Will probably involve stopping for ice cream or a slurpee. Or both.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 966
POSTED: 8/06/13 9:52 AM

You can also explore: Mt. Nebo Rd. (yes, you can take River Road past the turn at W. Willard; it's actually a fun shaded road back there), W. Offutt Rd., Club Hollow Rd., and Trundle Rd. on the way to Whites Ferry. All are great roads to ride on.

Just be wary of River "Rd." between Edwards Ferry Rd and Whites Ferry Rd. That one is all dirt. I've made it across on my TT bike but it was a VERY bumpy ride and I launched bottles at a couple dips and had to go back for them.

It was funny, last weekend Ryan and I road from my place and saw tons of DCTri jerseys all around my area here in Montgomery County. Then Sunday, Ryan and I run in Rock Creek Park and see only 1 DCTri jersey. Apparently word is getting out how awesome Montgomery County is for training. :::^)::

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 403
POSTED: 8/06/13 10:08 AM

It's never too early to start discussing!

Don't forget, $2/person to cross the ferry, so bring cash. A fun place to stop once you're back in the Commonwealth is King Street Coffee Shop for some awesome homemade treats and great coffee/tea - it's a couple blocks from the W&OD trailhead. There's also a triathlon shop by the trailhead (Transition Tri?) if you need anything, too.

z85larsen's ravatar z85larsen    JOINED: 7/27/12    POSTS: 23
POSTED: 8/06/13 10:14 AM

what time are ya'll leaving from Georgetown?

POSTED: 8/06/13 10:17 AM

Trevor- thanks for the tips and the reminder about bringing cash for the ferry!

Leaving at 7:30 from Georgetown with the group.

bobcroker    JOINED: 4/15/12    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 8/09/13 1:58 PM

In for the long B ride tomorrow. Should be fun!

runindc's ravatar runindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 8/09/13 2:10 PM

Looking forward to crossing White's Ferry again this year :). Hopefully the DQ will be open in Herndon this time! - Tina.

simba2109's ravatar simba2109    JOINED: 6/23/11    POSTS: 57
POSTED: 8/09/13 2:12 PM

I'm also in for the long B ride tomorrow.

markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 223
POSTED: 8/09/13 2:38 PM

In, and coming from the Hill, but not riding 80 miles :)

I'll be at the 7:10 pickup spot in case anyone else is coming from there.

Kevin

POSTED: 8/09/13 3:22 PM

Looking forward to the long B group ride!

Don't forget to bring your 2 dollars! ("I want my 2 dollars!" Anyone remember that movie?)

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1770
POSTED: 8/09/13 3:34 PM

In, hopefully to the ferry.

(Be forewarned you must hand your two dollars to an angry three-headed dog, that guards the passage across the Potomac to the Sticks of rural Virginia, a hellish Hades as many DCers see it...)

jberlow's ravatar jberlow    JOINED: 4/16/12    POSTS: 40
POSTED: 8/09/13 3:34 PM

how are do the B&C group go? and what is the average speed?

TDPrange's ravatar TDPrange    JOINED: 1/14/13    POSTS: 72
POSTED: 8/16/13 9:46 AM

Any of the B-Riders planing on the ride this weekend or is everyone going ot be out racing this weekend?

kande9un    JOINED: 7/27/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 8/16/13 3:31 PM

I need to get 100 miles in tomorrow...and I am def a B rider...how many miles were you hoping to get in?

mina's ravatar mina    JOINED: 12/7/12    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 8/19/13 4:08 PM

Is there a cue sheet that you can share with me? For this week Bricknique.

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 535
RE: 2013 SAT Ride (weekly)
POSTED: 8/19/13 5:00 PM

Hi Mina,
The first post of this forum thread has all the info and links to cue sheets for this Sat and every Sat weekly ride.
The difference for this Sat is that the Capitol Hill kids will roll thru to Key Bridge Boathouse for a 730 pick-up. From there, we'll go up Wisconsin and continue the usually Sat ride.

Can someone starting from Cap Hill post that they are in for this please?

Secondly, if someone can post they they are willing to lead a B ride from Key Bridge Boat house, that'd be great.

Lastly, I think there might be some people preferring a C ride. If someone could raise their hand, aka post here, that they are leading the C group that'd be great.
My recommended C group route would be either the same route as A and B group (routes are first post of this thread as mentioned) OR Capitol Crescent/Beach Dr loop. Familiarity with this common loop found here would be very helpful.
Perhaps you, Mina, and Azad would be willing to lead? Or know someone who is?
Cheers,
- Adam

mina's ravatar mina    JOINED: 12/7/12    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 8/20/13 11:03 AM

Thanks Adam! I guess I was blind the first time I looked for cue sheet :)

I don't mind leading C group (I am between B and C pace). But, I do not know the route. Azad is the same and he belongs to B group.

We'll be there with cue sheet. If there was nobody who knew the route and willing to lead, We can help out.

Cheers,
Mina

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria