Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

2013 SAT Ride (weekly)
CREATED: 03/02/11 by siehndel REPLIES: 1538
gthoyt's ravatar gthoyt    JOINED: 1/22/11    POSTS: 92
RE: 2011 SAT Ride (weekly)
POSTED: 5/27/11 8:23 AM

I'll be at Capitol Hill. I'm heading to the T.

Eric's ravatar Eric    JOINED: 8/18/04    POSTS: 271
RE: May 27 2011 SAT EARLY Ride (weekly)
POSTED: 5/27/11 9:34 AM

Looking to get an EARLY group going to Poolesville or the Seneca T depending on interest and how much you pull. Leaving around 6am from Cap Hill. Anyone? Think: cooler weather and being done by brunch.

riggodrill's ravatar riggodrill    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 97
POSTED: 5/27/11 9:55 AM

Yes. Meet in Georgetown at 6:30?

Poolesville is my preference.

-- TJ

Eric's ravatar Eric    JOINED: 8/18/04    POSTS: 271
POSTED: 5/27/11 10:03 AM

That's the plan- got Marc with us as well.

sewert12's ravatar sewert12    JOINED: 5/21/10    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 5/27/11 11:56 AM

I'll be heading to the T as well, leaving from Capitol Hill at the normal time.

Steph

mikesasso    JOINED: 7/15/10    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 5/27/11 8:16 PM

I'll see you guys in Gtown at 6:30

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1051
POSTED: 6/02/11 5:20 PM

For your reading (dis)pleasure:
http://www.gazette.net/stories/05252011/bethnew211421_32545.php

The good news is that MacArthur Blvd. is slated to get wider shoulders. The bad news is that we'll have to deal with some construction. And then there's Mr. Rusty Chain... I don't want to comment on him. But I bet he drives a Mercedes.

I'm in for this Saturday for a ride to Great Falls and possibly to the T but no further. Roughly 21mph average.

How do you all feel about moving the start time to 7:00 now that we are into the season of warm weather and long rides? I think we should plan to switch to 7:10 roll out from the Hill and 7:30 pick up in G-town either this week or next. But since this is the first week of June, we may as well start now. How does everyone feel about the time change?

And don't forget, we still need volunteers: http://www.dctri.com/register/course-marshal

Please consider rounding up your friends and cheering athletes on from the course. You get a sweet volunteer t-shirt that is endorsed by Patrick, a chance for a free entry into the sold out Nation's Triathlon and a warm feeling in your heart for giving back to the triathlon community.

Travis

SeanG's ravatar SeanG    JOINED: 4/8/09    POSTS: 159
POSTED: 6/03/11 10:55 AM

Travis, Saturday at the new 7am time sounds good. I'll be at G'Town at 7:30. I may go a bit further than the T, but we shall see. See you then.

POSTED: 6/03/11 12:21 PM

Excellent. It's official now:

The SAT Weekly Ride now departs Cap Hill at 7:10am with a 7:30am pickup in G-Town.

This Saturday we'll ride to the T via the Glen Rd. back route and then return on River Rd. My goal is to ride 19-21mph steady state and let my legs recover from last weekend's ride.

As always, if you're interested in joining for the first time, post your speed/distance goals to make sure there are others planning with similar goals.

See you tomorrow.

Travis

pserfass's ravatar pserfass    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 427
POSTED: 6/03/11 10:38 PM

If anyone's interested in riding faster, I'd love some company.
I need to get a ride in to the T, but with a 30 min interval squeezed into the first hour.

I think that'll mean picking up the pace after the slight downhill following the reservoir and keeping it there for 30 mins (which will take us to at least Great Falls, maybe past the gas station) and then some kind of steady state for the rest of the ride. Anyone interested in that?

See you at 7 with everyone else.

drphungky    JOINED: 9/7/10    POSTS: 37
POSTED: 6/09/11 11:03 AM

Last long ride this week before Total 200. Anyone interested in a very early start? I'm shooting for 125 total, but I'd appreciate company for any portion of that if you people have actual, non-biking lives to get to. Thinking of a 6:00 start from the Hill, but if no one is interested I guess I can wait till the new 7:10 time. I could use the sleep anyway.

-Bergmann

POSTED: 6/10/11 12:26 PM

Bergmann, you read my mind. 6:00am from the hill it is. With a twist...

I'm planning to turn this ride into a double brick. My plan is to leave the Hill at 6:10, G-Town pick up for those interested, another pick up at Blockhouse Park on River Rd. near the T at 7:30, continue out to Sugarloaf, back to Blockhouse, go for a run, loop back around 'Loaf to B'House, go for a run, and then cruise home. My pace will be a pretty conservative 19-20.

Anyone is welcome to join but we're basically going to do a Sugarloaf loop with a bonus trip. If you don't want to do the run, you can get a good chunk of mileage with us before we break off for the run.

Sorry to make it so complicated. Good news is that it isn't going to be as hot tomorrow.

Travis

drphungky    JOINED: 9/7/10    POSTS: 37
POSTED: 6/10/11 12:53 PM

How many miles is that? I've only done Sugarloaf once with a bunch of roadies, and didn't know where I was going and then ended up dropped. Not pleasant, but I'd be down to try again.

My knees are taking this year off from running though, so I can't join that. Are you running for time or distance? If you do time, I might be down to just do a quick out and back while you run, and then pick up your second bike leg.

POSTED: 6/10/11 1:03 PM

The plan from Blockhouse Park is 2 x (50mi ride/40min run). The run looks like it'll be on trails but I've never run out there and cannot confirm.

Technically, if we ride to/from the hill, that may add up to 50 miles onto the day. I may be biting off more than I can chew and I may end up metroing back to the hill if it gets too ugly out there. That's why I'll be riding VERY conservatively out towards Seneca.

Based on the cue sheet that is on the original post, the Blockhouse - 'Loaf loop is roughly 45 miles. We may or may not work to make sure we're at 50 even. I don't really thank that 5mi difference will matter too much at the end of the day.

I'd suggest making sure that you have a copy of the map from the OP, just in case. I don't think it has a cue sheet loaded into it but you can write it down easily enough.

I wouldn't expect that we'd drop anyone but stranger things have happened so it's always good to have a back up plan. At this point, it's a fairly small group of 4 (including you) planning to ride with a couple more potentially joining.

POSTED: 6/10/11 1:36 PM

Tomorrow's workout is pretty confusing and a leap from the usual ride on Saturdays. If you have questions, feel free to message me or ask on the forum. Chances are, you won't be the only one with these questions.

Because of the change in the normal plan, please plan to be prepared with cue sheet and nutrition/tubes/phone in case a separation happens.

You can also plan to meet us at Blockhouse Park which is near the intersection at River Rd and Travilah Rd.

-Travis

lieutenantmudd's ravatar lieutenantmudd    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 68
POSTED: 6/10/11 1:45 PM

I'm in for at least the first leg. (From Georgetown)

slowtwitchva's ravatar slowtwitchva    JOINED: 2/18/10    POSTS: 200
POSTED: 6/10/11 1:52 PM

Anyone planning on doing the normal ride? I want to go to the T and back, then throw in some hill repeats on Military Rd in Arlington if anyone wants to join. I'm also up for leaving a bit earlier or later depending on weather. Maybe around 7:30?

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 6/10/11 4:35 PM

@Wes - Looks like it'll be clear weather-wise all morning. Since I'm trying to "ease" back into things, I'm planning to hitch on the 6:30 AM g'town pick-up and make the turn at Oaklyn, then back to Arlington/Military Rd for a few hill repeats. Wouldn't mind the company if you want to make the early turn at Oaklyn.
-Brady

gthoyt's ravatar gthoyt    JOINED: 1/22/11    POSTS: 92
POSTED: 6/10/11 6:01 PM

I'm in for the T. Heading out from Capitol Hill at 7:10.
Does that work for you slowtwitchva?
Anyone else for a 7:10 start?
-John

JessO's ravatar JessO    JOINED: 6/16/09    POSTS: 66
POSTED: 6/10/11 7:37 PM

I'm up for a ride to the T as well & will be ready to roll out from Georgetown at 7:30.

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria