Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

PeasantMan is at war with Imposter PeasantMan
CREATED: 07/30/12 by dsgrunning REPLIES: 8
dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1287
PeasantMan is at war with Imposter PeasantMan
POSTED: 7/30/12 12:46 PM

Let me start off by saying, sons of bitches! Somebody within the PeasantMan War Council has sold us out! We've been infiltrated by the MAN. I will hang those bastards up on their own testicles! Vietnamese Royalty will not rest!

I will take this imitation as the best form of flattery.
http://www.peasantman.com/

They may copy the name, but they can't copy Vietnamese Royalty nor can they afford my rates. The joke is still on them. Try using the search term "PeasantMan" in Google or Facebook and Vietnam is still #1!

Wait until the Sandy Point Park Rangers get a hold of this!

Tuan

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 346
RE: PeasantMan is at war with Imposter PeasantMan
POSTED: 7/30/12 1:18 PM

You have found your exact double! And now he's out to steal (nay, steel!) your race name... and maybe kill you with his pitchfork too. I guess that's what you get for neglecting to purchase the name www.peasantman.com (a common mistake in this post-modern medieval era).

If you, Tuan, are deserving of your status as royalty, you need to organize a revolution to rise up and overthrow this new royalty, who cleverly claims to be one of us peasants... or at least legally fight them for the naming rights. It's time to rise up against the challenger, who proudly waves the sickle & sickle.

If not... is it too early to suggest that we make this a featured club race for next year?

Luke (Ingrate #1)

POSTED: 7/30/12 1:25 PM

Thank you Ingrate #1, but we never expected PeasantMan to take off like this. Certainly, we never expected the CIA to stoop to this level. Supergluing my toilet seat, I can live with, but this is below the belt. Live and learn

Our goal from the get go was to take people's money and run. We never realized that the peasant class citizens had so much money that we had to come back year after year.

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 346
POSTED: 7/30/12 1:27 PM

Upon further research, I have discovered that their CEO has been a member of RATS (Rochester Area TriathleteS) since 1991. Alert readers will point out that this club has the same name as Reston Area TriathleteS (RATS), a club that was active in the sport of triathlon in the DC area triathlon since the beginning of time (or at least the beginning of our sport's time). Coincidence? Probably. But conspiracy theorists may suggest the RATS are banding together to try to bring down DC Triclub.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1713
POSTED: 7/30/12 2:23 PM

Those rubes from the Finger Lakes are obviously trying to Mussel in on other races.

High time for DCT's many lawyers to donate some hours pro bono, or pro Edge, and sue these pretenders to the rightful throne, making 'em cough up enough in damages to pay for a decade's worth of True Peasantman race entries.

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 184
POSTED: 7/30/12 2:47 PM

They were putting business card on the windshields of all of the cars at Lake Placid.

I thought it was just another expansion of the real PeasantMan name.

Should have known that if it fit on a business card, it wasn't from Tuan.

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 453
POSTED: 7/30/12 3:35 PM

Checking out their website, it looks like the trademarked the name: Peasantman™ !

POSTED: 7/30/12 4:26 PM

They can trademark all they want. The laws of America does not apply to Vietnamese Royalty

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 7/30/12 8:38 PM

Tuan-
you need to find an IP atty.
-Lisa
p.s. I accept dong.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria