Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

No more early starts! :)
CREATED: 12/10/09 by rmacalpine REPLIES: 2
rmacalpine    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 15
No more early starts! :)
POSTED: 12/10/09 9:39 PM

Have you ever thought you were sluggish in the morning? Check this article out:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/10/health/nutrition/10best.html

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 524
Makes sense to me
POSTED: 12/10/09 10:52 PM

I usually feel best in the late afternoon and evenings. I always thought it had something to do with getting the muscles and everything else warmed up throughout the day. In contrast, when you wake up in the morning, you haven't been moving at all for hours.

I wonder what happens if you wake up really late one day (say, a Saturday) and then stay awake that night (Saturday night). If you trained or raced on Sunday morning, would your body act like it was a regular morning? Or would you be warmed up as if it were still evening? Or would you just be so sleepy from staying up that it wouldn't matter either way?

rmacalpine    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 15
RE: No more early starts! :)
POSTED: 12/10/09 11:23 PM

ALL the major sports have their events in the afternoon or evening. Can you imagine watching a football game at 7 am? I wonder a couple of things:

1) If triathlon times would improve significantly if events were held later in the day.
2) Would the same athletes still win?

Maybe all the people we think of as great triathletes are really just morning people. :)

To look at the differences between those who train in the morning as opposed to those who train later in the day would be interesting as well. Do you perform best on race day if you train at around the same time?

Me? I'd love to race without having to get up at 5 or 6 am!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria