I should be there next Sunday to help represent the Old timers
I should be there the week after next Sunday to help represent the Youths.
Everybody still in for tomorrow? Looks like another cold one is store.
Perfect running weather.
But if you think you will be too chilly, just throw on another running skirt;-)
This weekend the RCP run will also be the kick-off to run month in the NCC with the
First Annual DC Tri Club Takes Over (bandit style) Rock Creek Park RUN!!
Place: Trails of Rock Creek Park (or beach Drive for those trail adverse). Start and finish location: Pierce Mill.
Time: start time variable so we all finish around 11ish am
• The Kip&Patrick: the 10 mile loop we all know and love so much. (http://connect.garmin.com/activity/62713118)
• The Reverse Kip&Patrick: well, the same as the Kip&Patrick but counter clockwise.
• The Weak Ankle: 10 miles (as an out an back) on Beach Drive
• The Jess Oldham: about 20 miles, the first 10 is the Kip&Patrick followed by the Weak Ankle. You get 10ish miles on the trail, and 10ish miles on solid payment.
• The Danny Hayes (AKA: Alejandro and Phil please shut-up, I’m in a dark place): One Kip&Patrick followed by a Reverse Kip&Patrick. 20ish miles total.
• The Mocha the Dog: easy stroll on the trails. Perfect to just chill and enjoy the park. No running involved. Chasing squirrels optional.
To help coordinate groups I have created a thread on the forum. Just post there what you plan to do and start time so groups can form for those not familiar with the trails. https://www.dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?threadid=3274DF6D-F1DF-74D1-E5DBFABB2CC98985
Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. It's going to be a huge group and there may even be a little powder on the ground for us.
So... who's in for the run Sunday!? Also, reply here if you're in for brunch at Jake's. I'd like to give them a heads up late afternoon/early evening.
I'm on the fence- may end up running tomorrow and riding Sunday. Either way, out for brunch this week unless it involves an $8 cup of coffee and $10 bagel from Union Market.
No way in heck am I running, but if there is brunch and ping pong afterwards, I am down for that.
Count me in for the run. I'm shooting for 12 mi, so probably doing the usual 10 loop and add on a few at the end.
I'm out for brunch,
I'm in for the 11-12 range.
See you out there!
Heya, I'm in. Still nursing my poor hammy so we'll see how it goes. My pal, Jeff (another DC tri member -- who actually does do tries, unlike me who just loves training :), should be meeting up for it, too
oh! i could be persuaded into coffee/brunch to a close-by location -- would have to hop home quickly though (just around the corner) to get dry clothes and $
Hey friends! I'm in for 12 miles/2 hours tomorrow. Anyone else up for running?
Also... I could be persuaded to start a little later to maximize temperatures. :)
I'm planning to do a course preview of the RNR half on Sunday, 3/3, if anyone wants to join:
That is an awesome idea! I am running a 50K the day before, so I'm an unlikely. Another topic, my home is around the corner from Pierce Mill so if folks want, I could host post-run brunch sometime. Caveat, it may be themed something like: "Perspectives on mesquite, a post-bbq exploration"
You know I'm in!
p.s. awesome run yesterday
Catherine: that would be awesome! I'm out this coming Sunday for the Swim meet, and next for the course preview... possible early April is a good brunch day!