Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Massage therapy student in need of a client(s) for a case study
CREATED: 03/03/11 by emle REPLIES: 2
emle's ravatar emle    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
Massage therapy student in need of a client(s) for a case study
POSTED: 3/03/11 1:31 PM

I am in my final semester of massage therapy school, and a big requirement for this semester is to do a case report project. This case study is designed to simulate an evolving relationship with a client, encompassing a complete, start to finish experience in working with a client around a particular condition or issue which can be helped through massage therapy. The objectives are to demonstrate skills in visual and palpable observations, take a personal and health history, develop a professional relationship, listen to the client and assess the choices made and the outcome.

What's in it for you? 10-12 massages with deep tissue focused work. These will most likely be WEEKLY massages. There will be talk about your health history, some observations so I know where you're starting and can compare the last session to the first, and talk about what our goals are. Because I am a student I can't accept any money, so these are FREE massages.

What it DOESN'T include? A cure. I'm not looking to cure or fix whatever chronic pain or symptom you have but see how 10-12 weeks of deep tissue massage can help.

What am I looking for? Have you been diagnosed with a chronic back injury, rotator cuff injury, tennis elbow, hyperlordosis, whiplash from a past car accident, etc., etc. It can be almost anything that's been diagnosed and not just "oh my back hurts and I don't know why." If you've been going to physical therapy for something (or your PT is ending) I would be interested in hearing from you as well.

What's the commitment? 10-12 weeks of weekly massages lasting 60-90min each depending on the session. Please be prompt, have a workable schedule, and please be committed to this. I live in SW DC (Waterfront metro), so if you live way out somewhere in VA or MD be realistic if you'll be able to make the commitment. Because of the length of this semester and the number of sessions we'll need to do (as well as the paper I have to write on this case report) I would like to start working with you soon.

There is a lot more information that is easier to discuss instead of posting in here, so if you are interested or have any questions please contact me. If I don't select you for my case study I have a few other classmates (one located in Adams Morgan; another in PG County) who might be in need of a client or at least someone as a Plan B.

p.s. If you're someone who has received a massage from me as one of my homework assignments in the past 6 months I cannot work with you on this case study, but can refer you to a classmate.

Thanks!
Emily
eajacobs15 at yahoo dot com

kkaufer's ravatar kkaufer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 123
RE: Massage therapy student in need of a client(s) for a case study
POSTED: 3/03/11 1:45 PM

PM sent!

emle's ravatar emle    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
RE: Massage therapy student in need of a clients
POSTED: 3/04/11 6:02 PM

A big 'thank you' to everyone who emailed me. I'm pretty sure I replied to all the emails but if I didn't yet I'm sorry - please re-send your message.

I'm going to have to put a freeze on new inquiries for right now. I need a chance to review everything, maybe send follow-up emails for more info, and to make sure the case study I select gets approved by my instructor. I would love to be able to work on everyone who contacted me because I know it would be an awesome learning experience for me, and you all would benefit so much from the work.

I knew I could count on triathletes to have a bum knee/back/neck/hip/IT band/whatever-that-muscle-group-is-called to work on for this case study. :)

Emily

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria