Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Kinetic Tri Congrats
CREATED: 05/09/10 by siehndel REPLIES: 6
siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1061
Kinetic Tri Congrats
POSTED: 5/09/10 10:36 AM

Great job to everyone who raced Kinetic Half and Sprint this weekend. I know I'm forgetting some people but off the top of my head racing the half there was Phil (2nd AG), Nate, Julie (relayed Saturday and doing Sprint Sunday), Hugh, Lynn, Ryan T, Andy B, Laurel (cowbell), Amy McKee (tearing it up not long after having a little baby), Glenn (first HIM I think), Al Navidi (also doing the sprint today) and Emily Armstrong and several other people whose faces I can't place with names.

It was fun seeing all of you out there yesterday. I hope most of you were smarter than me and put on some suntan lotion. I'm toasty today!

ajm27's ravatar ajm27    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
RE: Kinetic Tri Congrats
POSTED: 5/09/10 2:47 PM

And congrats to Travis too! Nice job everyone!

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1047
POSTED: 5/09/10 5:24 PM

And let's add congrats to Dirk, Doug H, John and Mira, Carl F, Melissa T, and Ihan! I know there are a few more and congrats to them!

I had a great time out there yesterday! First time at Lake Anna and it is gorgeous. I'm not toasty, but my legs are feeling it.

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 294
POSTED: 5/09/10 5:31 PM

Of course, a short swim course always helps boost the confidence. Did every else think that their swim time was at least 5 min. faster than expected? (don't have an official time yet, just going off my wristwatch)

seewhatucando's ravatar seewhatucando    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 116
POSTED: 5/10/10 10:50 AM

Merlinkim, Interesting you said that because they finally posted times this morning and I thought that was an awfully fast swim for me. Beat my best by 5-6 minutes...so suspected it was a bit short.

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
POSTED: 5/10/10 10:59 AM

Yesterday at the sprint also repping dc tri was Simon, Karen Y, Ellen W, Tony, Mandi, Emma H, Jack M, Jan D and myself.

Since I know these people aren't going to announce their own accomplishments, I'll do it.

Ellen took home a second in the novice division (her first tri)

Simon took home a second in the clydesdale division

Mandi won her age group!

Fun group out there - I had a good time and enjoyed meeting lots of new people being pretty new to the group myself. It was also my first time sporting my new dc tri gear and was awesome having so many people I didn't even know yelling "go dc tri!" at me!

congrats to everyone else that did the sprint and the half!

Final point: the shirts for the race say: "I trained through snowmageddon 2010" ...quite possibly the most brilliant thing ever.

Hillary

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 5/11/10 8:27 PM

Saw Trish, Deena, Carly, Matt (supporting), Prez Julie, Kara, Mike, Shelly Ann (co-representing Tri Unify), and am sure some forgot to mention as well as a few folks I didn't recognize (sorry). We had a great turnout at the Sprint to add to what you guys said, even though it wasn't one of our large pushes, and we had great results at the podium. Emily placed 2d in her age group after doing the Half the day before. Unbelievable.
Basically our club is everywhere at all races all the time :)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria