Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

How to Relieve your Plantar Fasciitis and Achilles Tendinitis Pain
CREATED: 03/03/11 by SSPT REPLIES: 6
SSPT    JOINED: 5/28/09    POSTS: 80
How to Relieve your Plantar Fasciitis and Achilles Tendinitis Pain
POSTED: 3/03/11 5:24 PM

When: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 6:45pm - 8:15pm (Free street parking is available from 6:30pm.)
Where: Sports + Spinal Physical Therapy, 2175 K Street, NW, Suite C-120, Washington, DC 20037 (next to Starbucks).
RSVP: events@ssptdc.com
Fee: Free

Description: The average triathlete strikes the ground over 20,000 times per side during the run leg of an ironman triathlon with the ground reaction forces up the leg every time the foot strikes the ground nearly 3 times the triathlete's body weight. It is therefore not surprising to learn that running is the cause of many of the injuries experienced by triathletes, with two of the most common running-related injuries being plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis.

During this seminar you will learn about:
- The etiology of plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis
- Factors that increase your risk for plantar and Achilles problems
- Strengthening exercises that will help reduce your injury risk
- Treatment techniques for foot/ankle pain.

The session will include demonstrations of treatments that include:
- Active Release Techniques (ART)
- Trigger point dry needling
- Kinesio taping.

Instructor: Robert Gillanders, PT, DPT is an accomplished ironman triathlete and marathon/ ultra-marathon runner, and experienced physical therapist.

This event is being presented by Sports + Spinal Phyical Therapy. For more information on SSPT, please visit us at www.ssptdc.com and www.facebook.com/ssptdc.

jdruke's ravatar jdruke    JOINED: 9/2/10    POSTS: 64
RE: How to Relieve your Plantar Fasciitis and Achilles Tendinitis Pain
POSTED: 3/14/11 10:16 AM

I really wanted to go to this, but wasn't able to make it. The last Sport & Spinal talk I went to they emailed the powerpoint presentation to everyone. Did they do the same for this one? Is there any way someone could email me the powerpoint? Thanks! email - Justin-dot-Druke@gmail.com

jameswilson's ravatar jameswilson    JOINED: 4/11/10    POSTS: 92
POSTED: 3/14/11 10:39 PM

I went, but no PowerPoint email yet. I'll let you know if they send one.

rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 360
POSTED: 3/15/11 12:30 AM

James - if you could send me a copy as well, you will be my hero - rojojade@gmail.com

-Catharine

dixonm's ravatar dixonm    JOINED: 7/1/09    POSTS: 73
POSTED: 3/15/11 9:30 AM

Same here--not sure if there is a PPT available, but I'd love a copy if somebody could send to me at matthewxdixon (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks!

SSPT    JOINED: 5/28/09    POSTS: 80
POSTED: 3/16/11 2:13 PM

We are not going to be distributing the powerpoint as handout for this seminar, as the session was predominately "hands-on" with demonstrations of self-tests, exercises, and different treatment approaches. However, if you have any specific questions, feel free to reach out to us at therapist@ssptdc.com. Thanks, Sarah (www.ssptdc.com)

JohnGinsberg's ravatar JohnGinsberg    JOINED: 3/29/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 3/17/11 6:41 AM

You might want to experiment with suggestions from Dan C., formerly a DC triathlete: http://www.alternativeathlete.com/2011/03/mistake-1-trying-to-cure-plantar.html.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria