Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Cheaper nutrition
CREATED: 02/14/12 by rojojade REPLIES: 6
rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 363
Cheaper nutrition
POSTED: 2/14/12 5:30 PM

I've just run out of my box of shot bloks and for the life of me I can't remember where I got them from originally. Anyone have any hints on where I can get these at a bulk discount - Amazon is failing me though their prices of those Honey Stinger wafers are pretty good.

-Catharine

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 491
RE: Cheaper nutrition
POSTED: 2/14/12 7:40 PM

REI offers bulk discounts.

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 2/14/12 8:29 PM

I get most of my stuff from REI. they have 20% off all nutrition if you buy 12 things. Plus, if you're a REI member, you get an extra 10% off that you get in dividends.

Check performance bike too, sometimes they have good sales.

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 456
POSTED: 2/14/12 8:47 PM

RnJ in Rockville.

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 2/15/12 9:48 AM

If you have the patience, buy online. I have had a lot of success finding the stuff I like on the cheap at online retailers. A quick Google Shopping search for Clif Shot Bloks pulled up a case of 18 for $24 at NutritionBear.com:
http://www.nutritionbear.com/search.php?search_query=bloks

I've also had success at VitaCost.com.

These are not official club partners; it's just me looking for a deal.

Happy shopping,
Abby

rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 363
POSTED: 2/15/12 10:14 AM

Thanks guys for all the information. I totally forgot about RnJ ... and there might be a few pairs of shoes now in my shopping cart again. I should have gone with Abby's suggestions and not got distracted by all the shoes and toys that I just can't believe I was able to make it this far without.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1293
POSTED: 2/15/12 10:55 AM

You can also wait until the last few hours of the last day of the Rock N Roll marathon expo to purchase your nutrition. You usually can get pretty good discounts at the end of expos because vendors are trying to unload stuff and clear their inventory. I've done that plenty of times in the past and were able to get gels at discounts greater than what I could find on the Internet.

This applies to clothing, shoes, gels, and other things.

Tuan

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria