Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

National long Course race
CREATED: 08/19/12 by fastdogs REPLIES: 3
fastdogs    JOINED: 3/25/12    POSTS: 10
National long Course race
POSTED: 8/19/12 12:06 PM

I'm doing national Long Course in Oklahma City in September. It's the Redman race. Has anyone done this race ? Can you share any info about the course/terrian, is it windy etc....? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Kim

jbrez's ravatar jbrez    JOINED: 1/30/11    POSTS: 241
RE: National long Course race
POSTED: 8/20/12 8:51 AM

The course is pretty flat. According to garmin it was 1358 ft of gain. It's fast, could be windy though once you get out into the farmland. Last year the lake was really low after a long summer of drought but they're getting rain now so it should be alright. It was wetsuit legal last year and a little chilly.

The race is well organized and the volunteers are great. Prepare for warm temperatures though, I think it was 93 or something last year in the afternoon. I grew up in Oklahoma and will be racing again this year so email me if you want any specific questions answered!

-jason

fastdogs    JOINED: 3/25/12    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 8/20/12 10:23 AM

Thanks for the info. Jason, very helpful. I will definetly reach out to you if I have anymore questions. So, you are doing National long course too?

kim

jbrez's ravatar jbrez    JOINED: 1/30/11    POSTS: 241
POSTED: 8/20/12 11:06 AM

Yeah I'm doing the 1/2. It's my hometown race.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria