Date: Thursday, July 8, 2010
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m
Location: 2175 K Street, NW, Suite C-120, Washington, DC 20037 (next to Starbucks)
Fee: No fee to attend
RSVP: To register, email email@example.com
This clinic will address topics that include:
- The fundamentals of running form
- Impact of barefoot running and minimalist shoes on form
- Comparison of runners in running and minimalist shoes, and barefoot (video footage)
- Differences among a selection of running footwear
- Common barefoot and minimalist shoe injuries and how to prevent them
This event will include live biomechanical gait analyses of "volunteer" attendees.
Presenter: Robert Gillanders, PT, DPT is a 25 time marathon/ultra-marathon racer, whose accomplishments include the Grindstone 100 mile trail race. Robert has also completed multiple triathlon endurance races and is a triathlon ironman finisher. An experienced physical therapist, Robert has worked with both amateur and professional athletes.
This event is presented by Sports and Spinal Physical Therapy. For more information, please visit www.ssptdc.com.