Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Club-Wide Happy Hours
CREATED: 01/30/10 by nomisdc REPLIES: 9
nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
Club-Wide Happy Hours
POSTED: 1/30/10 12:05 PM

*[EDITED]
Hello Club,
As per tradition, the club-wide happy hours will occur on the third thursday of each month. The dates for these are listed below. If you notice the dates, these Thursdays come earlier this year rather than later. We will continue to rotate between Capital Hill, Northwest-ish, and NoVa. I believe the next one is due in NoVa. A tentative plan for the HH rotation is added to the dates below. Please let me know if you have any suggestions, questions, concerns, need to vent, talk about your job, express loathing, change the HH's to the last monday of each month, or something similar. Thanks,
Simon
-Social
-talksimon at gmail

Original Plan:
18 February - NoVa
18 March - NW
15 Apr - CH
20 May - NoVa
17 Jun - NW
15 Jul - CH
19 Aug - NoVa
16 Sep - NW
21 Oct - CH
18 Nov - NoVa
16 Dec - NW
20 Jan 2011 - CH. Happy new year

Updated Plan:
18 February - Rosslyn (NoVa)
18 March - Achieve HH (NW)
15 Apr - Tony and Joes (NW)
20 May - Cantina Marina (CH)
17 Jun - Wash DC Tri Benefit (NW)
15 Jul - Pentagon Row (NoVa)
19 Aug - Molly Malones (CH)
16 Sep - Public Bar (NW)
21 Oct - Hamiltons (CH)
18 Nov - Hunan Number One (NoVa)
16 Dec -
20 Jan 2011 - Happy new year

RE: Club-Wide Happy Hours
POSTED: 3/01/10 5:56 PM

Come celebrate the arrival of Spring and end your hibernation at Club-Wide HH. HH will be Thursday, March 18, 6 PM on, at the new Sutra Lounge, Adams Morgan, 2406 18th St NW Washington, DC 20009 (between N Belmont Rd & N Columbia Rd). http://www.sutraloungedc.net/www.sutraloungedc.net/Welcome.html This happy hour will have specials and support the Triathlon Club Mixer and Fundraiser for ACHIEVE Kids Tri. Donations are voluntary and welcome.

This special happy hour at the new Sutra Lounge in Adams Morgan will have ample space, a DJ, a bartender staffing the upstairs bar for us, drink specials, and free appetizer finger food.

Specials:
All beers $4.00 (Miller Lite $3.)
Wine: $4.
Martini and Cosmos. $5.
All rail drinks $5.
Most appetizers $4 (in addition to the free food)

ACHIEVE Kids Tri, Inc., who runs the Achieve Youth Triathlon Summer Camp, organized this mixer and fundraiser. Donations are voluntary. They will give away Gu and Clif Shots to those who donate $5 or more. There will also be a raffle.

Other teams have been invited, including Y-Tri, the Snapple New Tri Team, Old Town Tri Club, RATS (Reston Area Triathletes), Team Lipstick, the Georgetown Alumni Newbie Triathlete Program, On Point Fitness, and yes, possibly Team Z.

ACHIEVE Kids Tri, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in 2007 to provide kids ages 9 to 14 with a safe and healthy environment to discover the sport of triathlon, free of charge. Over the years, ACHIEVE has expanded from a single camp-site in Washington, DC to three camps in DC and one in Houston, TX. ACHIEVE has trained hundreds of children to accomplish what they never dreamed possible, inspiring not only seasoned triathletes, but their families and communities as well.

xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 3/02/10 3:15 PM

But when is the bricnic?

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 524
POSTED: 3/17/10 4:27 PM

How late are people staying at the HH tomorrow night? I might show up a little later (maybe) but not if all the Tri Club people have left.

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
POSTED: 3/17/10 4:33 PM

I'll let Simon or someone else comment from the DC Tri HH specific perspective, but since this particular HH is a little different, I'll comment as well...

We advertised the event as 6 to 8 but I'm guessing people will linger around longer just from what I am hearing from people that will be attending from other HHs and such. I think we'll likely start the raffle between 730-8 or after enough people have had enough time to buy raffle tickets. The free food probably won't even start circulating until 7 and our DJ will probably be around until 830 or 9 though I am not positive on that one. Its definitely going to be a good time and should be well attended given all the promoting we've done through sooo many channels. And its for a great cause.

Also, more info here http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=343212757644&ref=nf

Hope to see you there,
H

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1050
POSTED: 3/17/10 11:48 PM

Simon and HPPeabody, thanks a bunch for organizing this. I cannot wait for it, plus I don't have to miss an episode of Survivor for another HH.

POSTED: 3/19/10 9:31 AM

Thanks everyone for coming out to happy hour last night. Never seen so many in-shape people so early in the year.
I loaded a few pictures to our FB page, here:
Happy Hour Pics
Next month we return to the area of our birth: Capital Hill!

POSTED: 6/03/10 9:29 AM

We've gone a little out of cycle from the original plan. I've updated the plan with reality in the original post.
Virginians, you've been extremely patient and of course I have your interests in mind. Will try to get some HH's your way soon.
For June, the club is going to forgo the usual happy hour in support
of the Washington DC Triathlon events. We look forward to celebrating with you together as we close in on one of our key races.
What’s the only thing better than swimming, biking, and running all
summer long? Giving a child the chance to improve their health and
self-esteem through the sport of triathlon. Join us Friday, June 18th,
6:30-8:00 pm, at the 1st Annual ACHIEVE Benefit at the Washington
Hilton. This benefits ACHIEVE’s youth triathlon summer camp program
here in Washington, DC. $35 includes appetizers, (non-alcoholic)
beverages and a chance to win a XTerraVORTEX 3 Wetsuit. Cash bar.
http://achievekidstri.org/donate-now/events.html
http://achievekidstri.org/donate-now/benefit-purchase-tickets.html
Washington Hilton: 1919 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20009
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/DCAWHHH-Washington-Hilton-District-of-Columbia/index.do

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1050
POSTED: 8/13/10 1:24 PM

Omg, I am looking at this schedule and I think the last club-wide HH I went to was back in February. And we return to the Hill this month. Count me in!

POSTED: 10/08/10 10:08 AM

Updated schedule

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria