Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Ragnar Relay - 193 Mile run
CREATED: 06/28/10 by battistonica REPLIES: 2
battistonica    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 2
Ragnar Relay - 193 Mile run
POSTED: 6/28/10 6:21 PM

Is anyone interested in doing this race www.ragnarrelay.com/dc? We need a couple more people for our 12 person team. Each member runs 3 legs of 3-8 miles of varying difficulty. It should be fun - we rent 2 support vans and race overnight from Cumberland, MD to a finish line party at the National Harbor.

If you're also crazy enough to think this sounds like fun, send me an email at coreybattistoni@yahoo.com.

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 285
RE: Ragnar Relay - 193 Mile run
POSTED: 6/28/10 7:51 PM

I'm already committed to a team for this year, but for those thinking about it, I highly recommend it. My legs last year totaled about 13-14 miles overall, spread out over 22 or so hours. Totally fun, and this year's course should make for a better race down the Potomac than last year's finish on city streets from Silver Spring to RFK.

KingsPoint2001's ravatar KingsPoint2001    JOINED: 11/2/09    POSTS: 99
RE: Ragnar Relay - 193 Mile run
POSTED: 6/29/10 7:23 AM

I also encourage running in this race. I just happen to fill a spot for someone that got injured last year and it ended up being one of the most fun things I've done. I mean, once you get over the smell of 6 sweaty people driving around in a van for a day and a half. I liked it so much I made my own team this year. If you wanted to get more miles in (for you crazy people training for Ultras) you could potentially be a pacer for the runner at night (keep them company in the darkness).

Pete

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria