Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Nations - ride on the wrong side of road
CREATED: 09/03/09 by amcbride REPLIES: 3
amcbride    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 40
Nations - ride on the wrong side of road
POSTED: 9/03/09 1:40 PM

If you look at the map on the website, it looks like we will be riding on the wrondg side of the road. I'm OK with that since I'm Irish (as in born there, learned to drive there). But it raises the question, which side of the road will be the "slow" side?

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
RE: Nations - ride on the wrong side of road
POSTED: 9/03/09 1:48 PM

i'm thinking the rules will be the same as normal, just because yuou are riding in the "left lane" you still have to stay to the "right of the lane" when going slower and pass on the left".. just treat the lane like it was the entire road you work with disregard the fact that you may be "riding on the wrong side"

amcbride    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 40
POSTED: 9/03/09 2:27 PM

I guess that's why we have to go to the briefing!

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 953
POSTED: 9/03/09 3:43 PM

Justin is right. That's how they did ITU and how they did Nations previously. You are riding on the wrong side of the road, but you stay to the right of that side, and pass on the left. The leg on the Clara Barton Pkwy is an out and back, so there will be people going both directions. Don't go ALL the way to the right hand side. :)

Also, FYI, when you're on the way back on the bike coming off Whitehurst Fwy onto Potomac River Fwy N, there is a NASTY joint in the pavement. At ITU, I remember hearing a crack on my bike as I crossed it (thankfully nothing seems to have happened to it) and the second time I passed it there were 4-5 people changing flats and a woman on the side with the paramedics. Hopefully they fixed the joint.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria