Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

DC Tri Clubber on Ironman.com
CREATED: 04/07/09 by Tamara REPLIES: 10
Tamara's ravatar Tamara    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
DC Tri Clubber on Ironman.com
POSTED: 4/07/09 10:50 AM

Wow ~ So I just surfed over to Ironman.com to read some articles on this weekend's races and take a mental break at work, and I see a DC Tri jersey on the front page.

Go Anathea!!! http://ironman.com/training/sponsors/what-others-see-as-sacrifice-she-sees-as-enrichment

nicoleshue's ravatar nicoleshue    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 136
RE: DC Tri Clubber on Ironman.com
POSTED: 4/07/09 11:09 AM

How awesome Anathea!!!

xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 4/07/09 11:26 AM

Congrats Anathea!

If you think Anathea is awesome too, or you like doctors or do-gooders, you can link to her fundraising pages directly below.

Really, what were you going to do with that $25 anyways? Spend it on Starbucks and hookers? Well probably just Starbucks. Drink the office coffee for a couple days and help save a life.

"https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=280865

And I have figured out the off-line donation thing, so please contact me if you are interested in donating off-line. The blog has everything you ever wanted to know (and more) about MSF, the Janus Charity Challenge, and Ironman triathlon on it:

http://imcda09formsf.blogspot.com/"

guinness    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
POSTED: 4/07/09 11:44 AM

Just got back from my long run and this was a nice treat to see the article and everyone's comments. I really appreciate the support from the club, those reading the blog, and those who have donated. We have raised $1600 so far for Doctors without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres, with 10 weeks to go!

Please check out the blog, which Zina graciously posted above. So far I've been focusing on MSF's Top 10 Humanitarian Crisis of 2008. There are blog posts about Zimbabwe, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Somalia, Myanmar (Burma), many about the recent events in Darfur. There are also some posts about training; yoga is probably overrepresented - last week was a post about the joys of swimming at the Montgomery Aquatic Center.

Also, it's important to mention that I am only one of so many DC Tri club members who give back to the triathlon and local/world communities with their time. In this post alone, Tamara works with Girls on the Run, Nicole raises money for the Paralyzed Veterans Association while donating a huge amount of her time to the club, and Zina also raises money for cancer charities and has spent 3 winters now logging our miles for the USAT Club Challenge.

They are not alone! Carrie Regan raised money for a village in Tibet for her first IM, Sean Ward has raised money for Parkinson's and diabetes in his long and storied triathlon career, Guillermo Cabrera has raised money for autism, Phil Schmidt and Paul Contino raised money for an environmental group for their 7.5 mile swim, and I'm sure there are many more! Also, last year Simon Hernaez, Chad Lewis, Eric Goetz, Phil Schmidt, and Joe Coyne contributed time to the club on the board or working on the web site while training for IM races or RAAM, and this year Julie Kennedy, Angela Dilks are following in their footsteps with Joe and Travis as well. The leaders of NTP and the HIP are volunteers, as well as everyone who contributed to the activities in the northwest/montgomery county section of the club.

This is only a partial list - there are so many more. We are a great club, in a great sport, because of our members!

Thanks again for the support, especially as I am (sadly) moving back to NYC right before IM CDA.

Anathea

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1062
POSTED: 4/07/09 12:09 PM

For those that don't want to cut and paste, here are the links for Anathea's story:

[/b]Anathea's Blog »
Anathea's Ironman.com Feature »[/b]

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1062
POSTED: 4/07/09 12:10 PM

For those that don't want to cut and paste, here are the links for Anathea's story:

Anathea's Blog »
Anathea's Ironman.com Feature »

tritheworld's ravatar tritheworld    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 4/07/09 3:21 PM

Congrats Anathea! Great article! Good luck and keep up the good work!!

Best,
Michelle Jezycki
Owner, Tri the World Travel

janice    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 4/07/09 4:37 PM

Go anathea...go anathea. So cool to see this posted on ironman.com. Thanks for the link!

irishnd02's ravatar irishnd02    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 4/07/09 6:00 PM

Congrats Anathea! Great article (even though the title called you a med student!) Keep up the amazing work - you are an inspiration.

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 4/08/09 11:20 AM

Big Congratulations Anathea! Cheers! Adriana

ajm27's ravatar ajm27    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
POSTED: 4/08/09 11:50 AM

What a wonderful article (and picture)! I know you are training hard for your next race. I really admire your work and dedication Anathea.

AJ

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria